Europe & Asia Day Semi-final Weekend Discussion Thread

@jonjones229 I would just love it if they stopped butchering the names of athletes who don't have English sounding names (or aren't on the top of the list of celebrity athletes)

@shiga Worst part is that he is willfully mispronouncing Danish and Swedish names due to him talking in his American stage accent. 100% correct Danish pronunciation doesn't go with the rhythm of speaking English for an example.

To the point, he kept saying Team Butcher's Lab Kree-ger when it is, to an English speaker, more akin to "Krejer".

Also Chase pronounced the Hollandic names better for an example. I know and like Mads, but it become too much of a talking point between Chase and Mads to float time during early heats and on the podcast coverage.

@labryan The Dutch names are some of the worse. Yes, I know our language isn't a very easy language to speak, but sometimes names wouldn't even come close to what it actually is.

@blacktophat I don't think specific lane assignments are available.

You either catch the intro section of a broadcast when (if) they show it for the upcoming heat with on screen graphics, or

you calculate yourself daily from the leaderboard and the number of lanes they use for the specific workout (the regular field of play is 10 lanes, but sometimes they go perpendicular).

@jonjones229 Does anyone have a link to any way of knowing what is happening in Asia? The link provided above appears broken for the live stream and the leaderboard is not updating on the Crossfit website despite the fact that two indi events have completed!

Back