Exercises for double heavy KBs?

aquariusprime

Hi, y’all. I’ve got a set of two heavy bells that are too much for overhead work, and too heavy for me to clean, but I’d like to use them for lower body and core exercises.

So far I’ve got:
-Deadlifts
-Sumo deadlifts
-Suitcase lifts
-Staggered lifts, with one on each side of the front leg
-farmer’s carry/hold
-alternating side bends (I think that’s what they are called?
-weighted lunges

Anything else come to mind?

@harliee57 FWIW, I prefer suitcase swings with doubles.

I can do double cleans between my legs no problem.

But double swings between my legs feel super awkward.

@jar1437 lol, same. I haven't really done swings in awhile. I do cleans all the time. I was just thinking of things for OP and didn't see swings listed but agree double swings feel awkward in a way double cleans don't.

@harliee57 They are really bordering on too heavy for a double swing for me, but weight aside, I find suitcase swings difficult with comp bells, but much easier with smaller hardstyle KBs. If you’ve got wide hips and/or upper thighs, they sometimes end up brushing too much with a wider bell. At least, that’s been my experience with them. But I may attempt…very carefully. Thanks

@hunter101 I can almost row them, ha. Maybe two reps. 😆 And can swing one, but both would be too much. They are 22kg comp bells, if that helps. I think this is essentially going to be my DL pair, LOL.

@aquariusprime Do some 2 handed cleans so that you'll be able to then unlock those 1 handed cleans and double cleans.

Also explosive Kroc rows are like the push press of rows, very leg intensive.
Also floor press and push press.

@unitedwestand000000 I have one where I’m similarly restricted. Two handed cleans are good.

Once I have it in rack position I see how long I can hold it on my less strong side and duplicate whatever that is on my strong side. Carry it around. Go up and down stairs. Squat.

My theory is that time in the rack position doing things builds capacity towards other stuff. YMMV

Back