F25, 5'3'', 135lb, GW: 125lb. Looking for similar MFP ladies for accountability! (x-post in /r/LoseitBuddies)

@legendforlife 5'3" 140ish, got down to 135 in the winter before I got sick, aiming for 120-125! My MFP is the same as my name here--I'm on vacation but I'll be back in the game in a week or two!

@legendforlife I am 5'3", started at 140lbs, currently 130lbs, goal around 120lbs. I am on both MFP and Fitocracy as caffeinefree.

I would urge you to consider upping your calorie intake. I currently eat 1600-1700 cals/day. I exercise 5x/week (mostly heavy lifting). Right now I lose at about 0.5lbs/week, which is a comfortable rate for my size. I can't imagine trying to stick to 1200cals!

@caspian01 1200cals has been hard! I kept that up last year for about 1-2 months. That's when I hit my lowest 128lbs. Then a rebound :(

My recent entries actually still average 1300-1400. Working on that :) did you pm me your mfp account? Anyhow, I should get onto more excercises before i up my intake XD Right now is a lazy 3x/week, Stronglift.

@legendforlife I think its legit to "cheat" on MFP by not counting raw fruits and veggies toward your total. There's nothing worse than the lettuce in your salad running ~80 calories. I hate it; I think it discourages veggie consumption in a way that Weight Watchers is smart not to do.

I think I added an exercise called digesting to focus on the net calories of raw fruits and veggies.

@elmerrm2007 :( Calories is calories regardless where it comes from IMHO XD There was a thread with the comment " he/she can't just go eat 3000 cal of kale"... Honestly, 3K worth of kale would be pretty entertaining in itself hahah. I wonder how much kale it really is!

@legendforlife So much!

I know calories are calories, but why have dieters always said, for years, that celery has negative calories: it's because it has negative net calories.

Raw veggies, that aren't sugary like carrots are sugary, are like the one thing we can stuff our faces with.

@legendforlife When I dropped from 140 to 130, I was only doing 3x/week weight lifting and maybe 1-2x/week cardio. I don't think you need to up your exercise to up your cals unless you are going for really aggressive weight loss! Personally I've always found slow and steady tends to stay off longer, since it's more sustainable. When I was eating at 1200cals/day, I rebounded back to my start weight within a month or two of stopping counting. At 1600-1700 cals/day, I can eat like this theoretically forever without feeling like I'm "missing out" too much (occasionally I have cheat days for ...well ...beer, haha). But the weight is still coming off. Just food for thought!

Oh, and I gave my MFP account in my previous comment ...it's the same as my username on reddit. :)

@legendforlife Hey - 5'3" and started around 130lb. My goal is 120ish. I'm on my 57th day streak on MFP with 1200 restriction as well. I'll link you my username.

You can do it. We can all do it.

Back