Fitness Goals for 2024

hallartistry

What are you looking forward to accomplish in 2024?

Mine are:
  1. 4 days a week in the gym, no excuses
  2. 10k steps M-F, 13k S & S
  3. Lose 10 lbs
  4. Deadlift 125 lbs 5 times (currently at 80lbs)
*Edit: Really surprised at all the runners in here. Good luck to all those who plan on running races next year 🎉🎉

@hallartistry Mine are:
  1. Deadlift 2.5x my bodyweight (currently at 1.6x)
  2. Squat 2x my body weight (currently at 1.2x)
  3. Bench 1.5x my body weight (currently at 0.8x)
  4. drop to 15% body fat (currently at 25% to 27% according to a weighing scale)
  5. Aspire goal: get abs
  6. Aspire goal 2: Play a 30 minute game of basketball without being winded

@dawn16 Had to check my yearly steps..

Currently 5.3 mil, averaging about 15k per day.

So youre looking at roughly 12,500 per day.

Awesome goal.

@hallartistry
  1. 315+ lb bench press (left over goal from 2023, hope to knock this one out early and start chasing 365)
  2. 600lb deadlift
  3. sub 7:30 mile
  4. Enter a strongman comp
And reassess each when/if they are accomplished.

@hallartistry I've lost almost 120lbs over the last 5 years through diet and walking. Now that I can actually move more in my skin suit, my 2024 goals:
  1. Complete a 5k.
  2. Glute gains to fill out the flat ass weight loss has led to.
  3. Learn to eat at enough of a surplus to actually grow glutes, while keeping mental health in check related to the number on the scale.
  4. Continue my newfound 3 day/week gym habit, but work on an actual program so I can measure progress rather than doing whatever I feel like that day.
  5. More mobility and flexibility work.

@penpoint5309 Honestly, not as many as I'd like. Hitting 10k steps a day is fairly rare, and 6-8k is usual.

I guess I left out that I lost the first 50lbs through diet and walking, and the last 70lbs with the addition of weight loss/GLP-1 meds. Being lighter on my feet has opened up so many new opportunities for physical fitness than I'd ever thought possible. I'm excited to see what I can do in this next year.

@hallartistry
  1. Hit 135lbs on bench press (5'3, F, currently @ 105)
  2. Run my first 5k race
  3. Run a 10k
  4. Incorporate new types of exercise (ex: rock climbing, mountain biking)
  5. Lean out more during current body recomp

@hallartistry Long term plan is to bench 140kg in the year of being 40. 39 next summer, currently mid long hypertrophy block so we'll see if that brings anything to fruition.

It'd be nice to take another stab at running 1000km in a year. I made just over 900km before, only on 565km this year so far.

@hallartistry
  1. Play ping pong again. Get good enough to beat most of the 12-year-olds at the rec center
  2. Be less boring
  3. Deadlifting 5 plates again would be cool, but looking like I can deadlift 6 would be even better.
  4. Learn to maintain body weight under 200lbs for the entire summer, without tracking macros.