Fitness Goals for 2024

@julien It was a really positive experience, and made for a great motivator to keep me consistent! His MiniGGC has been fun too - now I know I can deadlift a dirt bike lol. I will definitely be participating in the future.

@hallartistry 35 M - approx 178cm, 75kg.
  1. Run 1200km (100 per month). Up around 1050km this year (with a a couple of weeks to go) so that seems doable.
  2. Bench 100kg - currently just about able to pump out 1 rep at 90kg so again seems doable.
  3. Squat 125kg (currently at 115kg).
  4. This will be the hardest one… get a better diet. I have a real sweet tooth so I think if I can really cut down on the sugar then I think I have everything I need to really get in some serious shape 🤞

@hallartistry 1k total lifts on Bench/Squat/Deadlift - not too far off of this goal probably need to just add another 30-50 total across the 3 to get there.

Run a sub 20 min 5k (currently running around 22 min without 5k specific training)

Run a marathon (this is the big goal for the year)

Hold around 195lbs and sub 15% body fat (need to lose just a few more lbs of fat)

@hallartistry
  1. Cut down to at least 170, hopefully this gets me somewhere near 10% bodyfat. Started this year at 260. Currently 225, something like 30-32% BF according to inaccurate scale. On the way.
  2. Bench 225 - squat 275 - deadlift 315. Currently 155 - 210 - 235.
  3. Do some friggin pull-ups.
I just turned 41…..I have never in my life at any time working out when younger, benched 225, or been able to do a pull-up. Finishing up my 12th week back consistently on Starting Strength next week, debating whether to run it back or switch to a different progression for variety after the new year.

Haven’t been this consistent in years with workouts, cardio, and food tracking. Planning to kick down the door on 2024 ready to go!

We’re all gonna make it.