from 8 pull ups to 20 and also from 10 dips to 35 in 6 weeks

@thaplongtho Use the 3RM example at the bottom of the article.

3,2,1,1 would be four sets.
  1. Set 1 is 3 reps
  2. Set 2 is 2 reps
  3. Set 3 is 1 rep
  4. Set 4 is 1 rep
Make sense now?

The 3RM Fighter Pull-up Program

Here is how the program applies to those who currently max at three pull-ups. The below is also excellent for anyone whose goal is pure strength rather than reps; just hang a kettlebell or a barbell plate on your waist to bring the reps down to three.

13, 2, 1, 1
23, 2, 1, 1
33, 2, 2, 1
43, 3, 2, 1
54, 3, 2, 1
6Off
74, 3, 2, 1, 1
84, 3, 2, 2, 1
94, 3, 3, 2, 1
104, 4, 3, 2, 1
115, 4, 3, 2, 1
12Off

Day
Reps

Then you can start the main program.

@pittsburgh14 You are driving good conversation, information and inspiration! That's never a bad thing!

Keep up your positive mental and physical health! This can take you far in quality of life and at such a young age, you have a great start.

@pittsburgh14 Congrats! That's great progress!

When I was 19, I did about 70 days of p90x over a summer. Man, that program gave me results like no other. Was also super skinny, so it helped. But I recall it brought me up to 50+ push ups and 15-17 pull ups.

Now about 10 years older and out of shape lol. Just started p90x3 though! Hoping to get results like you. Keep it up!

@pittsburgh14 I recently got a pull up bar at home and I started doing a decent amount of pull ups daily, I started adding negatives to my routine as well but I think I have gotten tennis elbow from doing negatives so sadly I have to take a break

Will try out this program after I feel better

Anyone else have a similar experience?

@endspiel Check out Overcoming Tendonitis and good luck with your recovery.

We're all super motivated when starting something new, but you have to consider that your body needs time to recover. Especially beginners tend to overdo it (yeah me too) and injure themselves. You're in this for the long run, so make sure that you get enough rest and listen to your bodies warning signs.

Back