Going to whine a little…

@nedlm10 Ok. Good! I am 50 and also on HRT. I also take collagen to help with my joints. And I drink electrolytes before my coffee in the morning. I feel really good now.

@nedlm10 You’re just pushing yourself too hard and not giving yourself enough time to recover.

Look for an ULPPL split and cut back on the cardio if you’re doing cardio that is.

@nedlm10 I only do 4-6 exercises a session, trying to stay well under my PRs. There is literature that you may only need 50% of PR to activate for gains.

@nedlm10 This was just what I do that works for me. Obviously you do what is best and works for you.
When I spoke of stretching during a workout I personally stretch the muscle group that I am working in order to keep them loose. The stretch is only a brief stretch but I find a great benefit from this practice. Good luck!

@nedlm10 I’m 64 and tend to lift heavily but with higher reps and I watch my technique closely. One thing I have changed is my rest time. When u was younger I only needed couple days to recover. I note take four days off and I’m still making gains so I know I’m doing the right thing. I would guess this may be what’s going on.

@nedlm10 When you say pain, what sort of pain? Sharp, dull? And does it disappear after about 24 hours? Do you have any other conditions such as arthritis There are so many variables.

I’m 56 and need to manage my loads to minimize the risk of injury and the effects of DOMS. I also have some other stuff like tendinitis that I have to manage.

@nedlm10 No expert here, but I think it depends on the kind of pain you're experiencing. Delayed onset muscle soreness is a thing, but that's muscular. If you're feeling pain in your joints, then you may want to consider consulting a personal trainer to make sure your form is correct.

@ann72 Definitely muscle soreness. I’m extremely careful about form (best as I can be), and I’d freak out if my joints hurt because my mom had double knee replacements and I certainly don’t want to have that!

@nedlm10 From your responses to me and others, sounds like you're just experiencing normal DOMS, especially if it goes away after 24 hours. But do make sure you are taking in enough food, especially protein, and consider trying creatine.