Going to whine a little…

@nedlm10 No - low level constant discomfort is not normal. I was in a similar situation. I was running a lot, resistance training a couple times a week, yoga, a little biking, and was in constant discomfort. I ate really well, hydrated, practiced active recovery including regular massage, chiropractor, and acupuncture--nothing helped. "You're old. Father time is undefeated." My friends and family all told me to cut back, add more rest days, and take it easy. I couldn't sleep. had trouble bending over to tie my shoes. Life was low-level miserable

FINALLY after things really went to hell I was diagnosed with Polymyalgia Rheumatica, prescribed prednisone and I feel like a million bucks! Work with your PCP and don't let them tell you to rest, ice, or use advil. Get some blood tests that will check for inflammation. Don't give up. You do not have to feel like shit.

@johntn I sort of suspected something like that may be occurring. I’ve always had low level pain, even before I started exercising. I had my CRP tested once when my hands and feet were hurting; it was normal so it was just called arthritis. Starting HRT helped immensely and took that pain away completely. I’ve had many people tell me it’s just age…and that is frustrating.

@nedlm10 After reading through your replies here, you apparently don't prioritize hydration or protein intake-and that's your answer, IMO. Those are the fundamentals(along with sufficient carbs for fuel and recovery). Any supplement you try is going to be a total waste of time and money if those aren't in place, and the vast majority are a waste, regardless.

For a 130lb woman...I'd say make sure you're getting ~100g of protein and about a gallon of water per day before trying anything else. Carbs aren't something I've ever put a specific number on, but 1.5-2x the protein in grams is a reasonable range. Get a decent chunk of the protein and carbs(say 25% of both, to keep it simple) within a few hours before, and again within an hour or so after, working out. If you don't quickly see a difference in soreness after a week, or are already getting all that, it's time to back off on the weights.

An easy answer would be to just back off on the workouts immediately, but then you don't get to see the difference hydration and diet might make. I'd personally rather increase the focus on nutrition before decreasing training, because you may be just fine with your current workload if your body's needs are addressed.

That's how it's worked for me when I wasn't getting enough calories and protein, anyway. I've thought I needed to deload after overtraining while in a caloric deficit with less than adequate carbs and protein before, only to find I could maintain, or even increase, training volume after getting out of my fat loss phase. That can be a tough step, as there's quite a mental(and dietal!) shift required when you've previously been focused on losing weight, but now want to maximize performance and recovery. Good luck!

@nedlm10 Here is my 2 cents:
introduce mobility exercises everyday- I follow ec_fit on YouTube.

Drink minimum 2 liters of water plus an electrolyte drink. I like nuun.

Take magnesium vitamins. I also like the creatine suggestion. 3-5 MG a day.

Protein intake is .8 X your lean body mass= daily protein grams. I shoot for 115 grams a day.

Take 2 recovery days a week- that's an only long walk day.

Take a deload week every 3 weeks. Yes, really every 3 weeks. That looks like exercise that is easy, unloaded. Maybe long, easy bike rides, hikes, yoga, calisthenics.

As we get older we need more recovery days, more protein and more hydration in order to recover from workouts and save our joints. We all seem to be dehydrated and don't realize it.

The sleep routine is important.

@momofone1 Thank you, I appreciate all of this wisdom I’m getting!! It means a lot.
I definitely don’t drink enough water. Period.
I’m definitely taking more days off.

And starting Creatinine.
I struggle with protein. As I said, I’m not one for protein shakes, or protein powder. Just my personal preference. I’m not a big eater in general. No dairy. Not a big fan of meat, I eat maybe 4-5 oz at lunch and dinner.

I do realize that I have to remedy this somehow, just not sure how. I’m on vacation until the end of April and once I get back home I’ll be able to work with my dietitian friend.
Thank you so much again!