Guys, how the F do I stop eating so much?!

@lostandtired This is me, too. Low carb/high fat makes me ravenous. I was part of a research study in undergrad (one of those things you get paid $40/week for at research universities) and I was sorted into the keto diet group. I have never been more miserable. Most people's bodies really responded to it. I was really sick from it and developed a lot of really weird binge eating habits that I've never had before or since.

@lostandtired Have you tried not full on keto, but low carb high fat? It is not designed to put you into ketosis but just suppress appetite. You still have to manage portion control, but you shouldn’t constantly get snacky if you get enough fat.

I am similar to you, constantly hungry and Unsatisfied. I decided to try low carb, and after a few days the cravings just went away. I was suddenly satisfied on meat and veggies where before I would HAVE TO load my plate up with mashed potatoes and get a milkshake after.

I think there really is something with the sugar addiction theory. Anytime I start letting too many sugars into my life I start wanting more and more, then I start craving more and more food.

@daniel11 I agree with the sugar addiction theory you mentioned. Currently reading a book about it while observing my own tendencies. Sugar definitely makes me crave more sugar and more food in general so I'm really trying to cut back.

@ava1453 Bolt house farms makes a yogurt based Caesar dressing that is 45 cal per 2 tablespoons and tastes delicious! I use it all the time, it’s very thick and creamy so I never actually use an entire serving because of the strong flavor.

@lostandtired Low-calorie foods, like vegetable curry or lean meat with light sauce on a bed of cauliflower rice, to fill you up. Try limiting yourself to 300 or 400 calories less than you usually eat for two or 3 weeks-- the cravings will be MASSIVE, but if you calorie count religiously, and stick with it, they will fade. When they do start to fade, go back up again to where you were, and the cravings will completely back off because you'll be overstuffed, especially if you eat nutrient-dense, low-calorie foods like steamed vegetables.

@lostandtired It sounds like you're trying all the intuitive stuff, so all I can offer is what works for me: Every now and then I have to go cold turkey from sweets or they'll drive me up a tree just like this.

Logging all my food helps because the app often crashes so it's a pain and I'd rather just not eat the junk rather than try to get it into my phone (and it keeps me honest with my caloric intake)

Find low calorie but really filling foods you enjoy and can eat in bulk (cauliflower sweet potato curry has taken over my life, and salads let you eat 3 bushels without going nuts on calories) and make a butt ton of it. Meal prep is your friend.

Therapy helps with stress eating. When you want to eat, try writing in a physical journal. It delays the action of eating at least, and may get your mind off it if you can pour all those thoughts into something else.

EDIT: I'M SORRY I DIDN'T CHECK BACK WITH THE RECIPE! /@jcsavior93 posted the link to the one I use down below (props for picking up my slack). Other recipes you may enjoy if you're a fan of the curry: Sweet & Sour Cauliflower, Shakshuka (tastes even better if you can fit in some bread in your macros and I don't use the feta), Pork Fried Rice, Rice and Beans. Those are all my best low-cal bulk recipes.

@jcsavior93 Oh my dudes, I do curries all the time to fill me up, and you can make them way more low cal than that. Start with a bunch of steamed cauliflower, mash it. 1 teaspoon of oil, onions and garlic. Cook on med for 10 minutes with desired spices. I use cumin, chili, turmeric, garam masala, coriander, and a pinch of cinnamon. You’ll probably have to keep adding water to keep everything from burning. Then add as much cubed sweet potato as you want, and the cauliflower mash. Some water or milk of your choice. Keep boiling down to desired consistency. The cauliflower mash adds volume and gives it that sort of creamy texture if you cook it long and slow enough.

Indian food is my comfort food, I have gotten super good at making it lower calorie per volume. All hail cauliflower.

@gerald3199 The good thing about Indian curry is that it’s really all the same process, just change up the ingredients.

My two biggest tricks though are first, I don’t eat rice with it. That’s not the good part, anyways. And second, I use puréed, steamed veggies to make up the volume. Mostly cauliflower and broccoli. Though I imagine anything you can steam will work. Traditional curry gets that creamy texture from heavy cream or coconut milk, but the veggies can get pretty close.