How are y’all working out in this weather

aramar

I feel like I’m in hibernation mode. I work from home and have to go to the gym to workout, which is a few blocks away from my place. Since maulan, I have to drive and pay for parking pa just to go to the gym. I used to jog on my way to the gym kasi— this helps me prep for my workouts. But this weather isn’t helping. It makes me want to wrap myself inside bed covers, watch series, and eat anything I want. lol

Anyone in Manila experiencing the same weather? How are your workouts doing? Naiisip ko na naman kumain ng champorado at sopas while typing this myghad. And this wasn’t me before lol

@aramar Maybe that’s a good thing? I feel like adherence to one’s gym routine should be generally consistent but not too strict. I try to shoot for at least thrice a week but sometimes life happens and I can only do one or two and that’s fine.

Best tip I have is to get some barebones fitness gear like a mat (which you probably have) and a kettlebell or a pair of dumbbells.

If the weather is bad or you’re just feeling lazy, just do a home workout and work on bodyweight and mobility moves. It’s an entirely different scale of movements that should also improve your regular resistance training. That’s how I do it.

@aramar Samedt! Wfh plus my gym is sa MarketMarket pa and from Pinagsama ko. Hassle kasi mag tanggal taz magbalik ng cover ng sasakyan kasi basa. Last gym ko nung Thursday pa. Anong petsa na ngayon?! Feeling ko yung konting muscle ko nawala na. Chariz 😂🤣

@aramar Walking distance lang yung gym ko, so I either walk or just take a tricycle and I'm there.

Ngl though, kapag malakas yung ulan nababawasan yung tao sa gym. Can't say I don't like that.

@aramar Hey. Same here. My gym is around 10 minutes walking distance from my place.

With this weather and in order to not get too comfortable at home I am just going right after my office work. I would bring my gym stuff inside my bag and change there. Now, I am sure if I am working from home it would be 10 times harder haha. Be strong!

@aramar man im having the same problem. walking distance lang naman yung gym ko pero ang hirap bumangon pag ganto yung panahon hahahahahaha. i used to go everyday pero ngayon mga every other day nalang siguro.

@aramar I always think of my goal physique kaya kahit tinatamad, go lang ng go sa gym. Though ang challenge ngayon ay sobrang putik ng daanan namin palabas ng highway and nakakatamad magdala ng car esp. during leg day hahaha tapos one more reason pa eh tumataas na naman ang gas price. Pero ayun, tiis lang para makuha yung goal physique.