How bad can i expect the loose skin to be ?

@carp614 Agree with your sentiment. Body health and fitness over worries about loose skin anyday! The journey and destination will have you feeling and looking SO much healthier. Focus on that, and getting there. Any by-product based on your current situation is an unnecessary distraction. You will be looking better, feeling better, and set yourself up for a better lifestyle :)

@saved123 Yeah man! Eyes on the prize. It’s 80% diet too. U got this. Develop a mindset of “eating healthy provides me with fulfilment.” And i’ll tell you - when you do eventually have a cheat meal it will feel so much more special and satisfying, but you will also start to feel more gross after which helps negate the cravings :)

@saved123 Hey, it’s cool reading all this, thanks for sharing. To see you acknowledge your fears shows you have courage, and it’s encouraging to other people to read it. You’ll get there and you’ll feel better and guess what, you won’t die young, fat and miserable either, so consider those gains, and you have a little extra skin, it’s just part of the deal. Good luck 🍀

@saved123 Lose weight for your health. But realise that our human minds are fickle beasts. If your mind is primed to find fault and be negative, it will find something negative to focus on, even if you have done an amazing job losing weight and getting healthier. So the trick is to not believe everything the mind thinks for you and to realise that you can choose whether to focus on helpful things or sabotaging things. Obviously the former is the way to go - but your depression wants to assert itself... it is a weird dance.

I was clinically depressed and it was like constantly looking into a distorting mirror - everything that happened was interpreted by the mind in the most negative light.

Once you are out of that depressed state, you can see it for what it is (and sometimes, if you learn mindfulness techniques, you may be able to see through it even from within the state itself, which is powerful. Once you realise that you are not your thoughts, your potential for change will be so much greater.)

@saved123 See a therapist. Seriously. You’re going to need to accept something’s that you can not change.

When I was young I cared about stuff like this. Not anymore. All I care about is that I’m healthy.

@dawn16 thats you bro, i really care for how i look and many people that workout do. Imagine iam not even in my 20 s i dont want to have saggy flying skin everywhere on my body. I am very aware of the fact that i cant change it. Tho you are very right in matter of time i need to accept it it stil damagins as fuck to your body self image

@saved123 Yeah dude I feel ya. Sucks but it is what it is. Many (most?) women whom have children also deal with this so it’s not uncommon. In the future if you have a wife and kids you may have to help your wife feel better about herself regarding this very topic.

Keep in mind we are lucky to get old. When we are old we all have loose skin. So 100% of people will go through this as well, eventually.

Fitness and health is the thing to keep focus on. You will be stronger and more powerful person if you focus on your health.

@dawn16 thanks dude i admire that you could get throught it just worried you know its not like death sentence of corse. Iam just scared of looking like that and how i will deal with it.

@saved123 Would you rather be overweight and unhealthy? Then have some loose skin, healthy and muscular?? Loose skin is so common. Healthy over unhealthy ALWAYS. you will ALWAYS look better as a healthy human being. Always

Back