How do y’all eat so much protein?

@dawn16 It’s what my trainer suggested. But honestly, it doesn’t feel right to me. I’m a 155lb 5’7” woman (goal weight is 145lbs, I’m in no hurry to reach it) and the amount of protein I’m eating now was more than enough when I was swimming 3 hours a day or hiking 15+ miles a day and climbing regularly. I’d only get cravings for meat on hikes longer than a week.

I’m not bodybuilding or trying to bulk, but I’ve also never lifted or even used a gym before. I’m pretty sure I’m still in the “will get muscle by breathing the same air as a barbell” stage in my lifting journey.

@kim2116 Well gaining muscle will allow you to be 155lbs an still look like the 145lbs you are after. I would stick to 1g per 1Kg of BW. Nothing against your trainer but rule of thumb is you never cross metric and standard measurements. That's call Bro Science.

@dawn16 My goal WAS 135. The 145 is based on the fact that my weight’s gone up since I started gaining muscle. (It was dropping while I gained muscle, but I had a month where I was still going to the gym but walking much less. The walking seems to be where I drop fat, since gym time just encourages me to eat more lol. The weight I gained is definitely muscle weight, but overall fat stayed about the same.)

I’m a climber, so gaining TOO much muscle mass is actually a bad thing. But mostly I’m just trying to eat healthy and feel good, and if my body stabilizes at 155 I’m not gonna stress about it.