How to not absolutely pee myself during double unders

@tobyso Pelvic floor physical therapy is quite standard for all women in many countries outside the US. Yet within the US, it’s hardly known.

@tobyso i agree with going to see a therapist

in the short term you can:

use bathroom right before workout / dont over hydrate

use a depends type pad

sounds odd but having a tampon in also helps

think about bracing that area while jumping

@tobyso Exercise leakage can be controlled with inserts. There's a Canadian version that works quite well (and you can't feel it) and have amazing customer support for their ... supports. They're called Uresta.com.

@tobyso Same problem- 42f with 2 kids but had it before kids too. Currently I just don’t do dubs. I started seeing a pelvic PT, but it wasn’t covered by my insurance so $180/session out of pocket, she wanted to see me once a week which was too much $$$ for me, plus the time away from work and parenting. The exercises she had me do were probably helpful over the course of a year or more but I just wasn’t capable of spending an hour a day on them to hopefully see some improvement. I just decided that I didn’t care about doing DUs that much right now and quit them all together. I’ve tried the impressa and they help, plus been wearing some “period panties” to help absorb leakage.

@tobyso If you’re not able to find a PF PT (or in addition to PT) I highly recommend the programming from POPUp. It is designed for women with prolapse but they have a ton of really useful information, guidance, and workouts to help with a myriad of pelvic floor issues. I had a stage 2 prolapse after my pregnancy and a year later I am completely without symptoms (including leaking) thanks in big part to this programming. https://www.popuplifting.com/

@tobyso Having access to a pelvic floor physical therapist would be awesome, but I'm pretty sure there isn't one within a 6 hour drive from me, idk about your situation. I wear panty liners. They fix the immediate problem and buy time to do the PT thing.