I’m over 30, and actually think I’m made of glass

@goodbookguy I would consider using light dumbbells that allow for a less restrictive range of motion. A weight that puts you in the 15-20 rep range. If there’s no popping, do that for several months before working your way up to something heavy.

@goodbookguy 41, dislocated kneecap 3 times and fully reconstructed right foot due to torn tendon. Got an MRI on the left foot today! Let me tell you about being made of glass!

Life roll with it comeback after few months and get back in the grove till something else needs healing. As they say “enjoy the process “

@goodbookguy I don't recommend it often but I'd consider getting a good personal trainer for a bit to build you a workout injuries ain't nothing to mess around with

@goodbookguy I would spend three months doing pushups and dips (body weight only) and not benching. You need to condition your joints.

EDIT: If you really take the pushup and dip seriously there is no reason whatsoever to bench unless you are a powerlifter. If it is hurting you, it certainly isn't worth the pain.

@goodbookguy what about your warm ups? maybe you dont do enough and just jump right into working out?

I used to neglect warm ups in my 20s. it's boring and I just wanna workout. But after getting hurt several times without proper warm ups, now whenever I do any kind of exercises I spend as much time as needed for my warm ups. lol

@goodbookguy Drop the stretches if you do static stretching.

For warming up do light Hammer Curls and Triceps Push-downs for 3x20. Alexander Leonidas recommends this in a video on how to fix elbow pain. This definitely helped with my elbows.

You could also do light Zottman Curls. These caused a pop in my elbow and it has been much better since.

@goodbookguy obviously I do not exactly know the situation so I am just giving you general feedback.

type "bench press dynamic warm up" "elbow pain bench press warm up" in youtube. elbow pain or joint problem rise from number of different reasons so I can't say one thing will fix you. go through videos and try it out yourself, remember it's your body so you know the best!!, and if it works.. great!!!

my case, I started doing this before squats and it helped me a lot!