I’m the crying girl

@whitehorse Sometimes, I am the first to finish. Not because I am good at crossfit, but because my workouts are scaled much that the movements take less time. Often, the fittest in the gym are last to finish because they are doing more complex movements. No one cares when you finish. They are focussing on themselves. Everyone at crossfit is doing a bloody hard workout for their own skill level.

@whitehorse I mean.. cry enough and people will probably be like “oh yeah she’s the cryer”. But keep showing up and kicking ass and people will think “she cries, but at least she’s sticking with it”

@whitehorse Most recently - not at CrossFit - but I cried at OrangeTheory because my heart rate monitor wasn't working and I didn't get my stats lol. I've had some workout related cries here and there. All part of the journey, you gucci 👊

@whitehorse You need to realize there are people who shit themselves during workouts… Lol you are fine and with all the sweat tears blend in like nothing.
I’ve cried at the gym before, anyone who has spent a long time there more than likely has too.

@whitehorse That's a psychiatrist you need a that point.

You have a massive self confidence problem, maybe related to past unknown traumas?

CrossFit is good no doubt, but there is something else here.

@whitehorse One time I cried so hard because I could not do all the burpees the workout called for. I was mortified. My coach came over and without even looking at me said, ok take a breath, put your head up, we are going to do this together. Let’s get you on to something you CAN do and we’ll just keep working up to it. I have seen people cry at the gym and we all know it’s just part of it. Keep going girl !!

@whitehorse I think you’re taking it too seriously. It’s a workout. It should make you feel good. If it makes you cry and get injured, it may not be the right fit OR scale back.

@whitehorse Dont shave reps (and if you do, just be honest) I think thats the only thing people care about. People are too much in their own mind to notice other people 😊

I think you sound bad ass 😊

Keep at it!

@whitehorse My “eyes sweat” at CF often, for lots of reasons, so you’re definitely not alone!

I only use soft boxes for box jumps after one too many misses. If none are available, I’ll do step ups instead. Not worth the pain and risk.

@whitehorse Serious comment, but maybe you should schedule an appointment with your doctor. Being extremely sensitive could be a sign of a hormonal imbalance or something else. Better to be safe than sorry, you know?

CrossFit can get frustrating from time to time but it should also be fun!

@whitehorse This is a sad post, I dunno why do you need to care about lifting heavier or not becoming the last, honestly for me it’s least thing I’m worried about, I do on my pace and I lift what I comfortable with so I don’t get injure, just mind you, crossfit has high risk injure so you need to be careful and know what you’re doing, it doesn’t mean you have to be the first or lifting heaviest weight

@whitehorse Tough love : YES you are crazy for crying because of a workout .

Sound like you are making WAYYYYY TOO MUCH out of finishing last messing up.

You are kinda on the right path thinking “yeah I need this challenge and the failures to push you to keep going in CrossFit and life.

If you can , place yourself in the gym where you can’t see exactly how everyone is doing (I always take the spot up front by the whiteboard with 90% of the class behind me ).

If not ….. worry less about how everyone else is doing and focus on your movements , breathing and technique…. I come in last sometimes. Especially if I dont scale properly and I scale often but sometimes have to scale below our level 1 scale. Either in weight,box height or number of reps per round.