I’m tired of juggling everything and I’m completely burnt out

@fadeaway Why do you have to tackle all those things at once? Try working on one or two things until they become a part of your routine instead, and then add in one more thing, etc. If you average 3k steps a day, aim for 4k. An extra 1k steps is a much more reasonable goal that can be achieved by using the second closest toilet at work instead of the closest and parking towards the back, and a ten minute walk on your days off. When 4k steps is a part of your routine (one or two months of achieving it most every day), then aim for 5k, 6k, etc, until you're happy with the amount you're getting (which doesn't have to be 10 or 12k steps a day!). If you drink 4 glasses of water a day, start with aiming for 5. If counting calories and macros and micro nutrients are too stressful, focus instead on making healthy food choices. Get in your five-a-day (or if you're where I was earlier this year, focus on eating one serving each of fruits and veggies every day and work your way up from there), lean protein, and whole grains. Aim for an 80/20 approach for healthy food to junk food.

You absolutely can achieve everything on your list, but trying to do it all at once will only lead to burnout again. Make small, gradual changes that you can easily incorporate into the life that you're currently living for lasting impact. Slow and steady wins the race!

@fadeaway Most comments here are missing the point. Nowhere did OP mention she’s a beginner. It’s just a vent about all the stuff one has to keep track of even as a seasoned athlete. At least that’s how I understand it and fully relate. Doesn’t mean I won’t keep doing it, it’s just another whole lifestyle by itself to fit into.

@courtneym Haha yes, I’ve been working out for almost 2 years now. I still have a lot to learn but this is just me ranting about the process. Right now I’m burnt out from a lot of stuff, so my fitness has actually just added onto that too. I wrote this as just a rant but I’m glad everyone here feels the same way!

Fitness is hard, all of the stuff I mentioned is hard, but I’ll keep chugging on in this journey either way!

@fadeaway When it comes to nutrition: I just follow 3 simple rules (I got this from a documentary I watched in my nutrition class)

1) eat (everyone needs to eat)
2) eat FOOD (as in real food, not processed food)
3) mostly plants (fruits and veggies are highest priority, cuz we’re generally already pretty good at eating grains, protein, dairy, etc. plus it’s real easy to eat a lot of fruits and veggies and still lose weight cuz low calories) edit: obviously if you’re a vegetarian you’ll need some extra help finding protein.

I would only add a 4th rule: not too much- we don’t want to overeat of course.

So yeah.
1. Eat.
2. Eat food.
3. Mostly plants.
4. Not too much. (Or eat till full, or something like that, whatever helps).

@andrew36 Hummus and cucumbers/carrots are my best friends. Im happy and full and flat after 😉

Pasta puttanesca with a 1:3 pasta to cooked down veg is the only way i want to eat pasta. I can actually hang out after and not want to change my outfit and sleep.

If youre gonna have cheese, scoop out a zucchini/squash, put some cheese in, and braise it in a pasta sauce/savory salsa. Amazing.

Peppery Roasted broccoli eaten out of the pan while watching tv is the best. Its still a lil oily like chips when i make it, so im satisfied and again, after I process it out im so flat and energetic.

Vegetables Man! ✊🏽

Back