I’m tired of juggling everything and I’m completely burnt out

@garde That's not really true. Fasting and cutting out sugar is not the miracle cure he says it is. For us petites everything is just twice as hard, especially if you DONT have tons of weight to lose.

@laughter Have you ever tried it? Have you seen the studies? It makes sense actually. If you eat you release insulin. Thats what makes people gain weight not calories. If you have food every couple hours, no matter how many calories you eat you will still have an insulin release. If you dont eat and you fast then it lets you body use the stored fat as energy. This has been proven many times.

@garde Yes. I only have 10 pounds to lose and hardly eat sugar to begin with. I do some light intermittent fasting for the hormonal balance but that's it. It only works for people that need to lose a lot of weight or eat tons of sugar regularly...which at that point pretty much any healthy diet would help them make progress

@laughter Its not about sugar. Its not only for people with a lot of weight to lose or people who gobble the sugar. Is "light intermittent fasting" even a thing? Either you do or you dont. Lol

@fadeaway Speaking as a late 30s, full time working mom of 4, a lot of this ultimately can become routine, ie, not difficult because you don't have to think about it. You just do it.

That said, control what you can. During times where my schedule is too crazy to permit exercise, I count calories. At least I can maintain a healthy weight, even if I am not able to get to the gym. Likewise, I can eat well and prioritize sleep.

Lately, trips to the gym for weight lifting aren't feasible. So I'm running on a treadmill, hiking or jogging around the neighborhood (it's hilly), doing body weight, dumbbell, and core exercises when I can.

No one is perfect, but I've been able to maintain a healthy weight for most of my adult life by just doing the best I can and being mindful. A major exception was when my thyroid went out of whack a few years ago, but that's under control now, fortunately.

@fadeaway While sometimes weight loss seems like an insane amount of things we have to do, if you could only do one thing - just do the calorie counting. Once you get that down, if you like you can add exercise 3-4 times a week. You don’t have to go crazy with weights and stuff you can just walk or run or whatever you want. After you feel like you have a hold on calories and lose some weight, if you want to build muscle then you should focus on protein and macros and weights. If you try to do it all at once you’ll get burnt out and give up.

@fadeaway I know I shouldnt but couldnt help myself after reading this post. I laughed out loud. Honestly, I was so greatful of this subreddit which allows me to be free once I found out that my body cannot burn fat/calories as fast as any other instagrammers or fitness youtuber out there with caption of lose 20 lbs in 2 weeks. Now I don’t stress much about my weight and just do what I can. At the end of the day, I want to enjoy this life and not bogged down by all fitness regimen.

@fadeaway This isn't a weight loss specific journey though. This is a healthy lifestyle change. Of course all at once the change feels overwhelming, especially with media. But one step at a time, its a route to a healthier living.

I've honestly started enjoying it a lot. It meant exploring so much food that I never thought of venturing before. Cooking more food as well. Seeing what nutrients they hold and calculating what foods I should be eating in order to meat the goals that my body needs.

I like the calorie (more like nutrient) counting part. I do still hate the exercise and gaining muscle part, but its part of the journey in order to be healthy. Still looking for to have a go to workout routine that I can stick to. I've been on the journey for more than a year now and each time I look in this reddit alone, I learn something new. Like a new recipe someone makes that I'd like to try. or a new low calorie substitute or product that is worth trying. Or maybe a new education that I should try things differently.

Its definitely a different view with everything. I don't see these things as "pressures", but more like waves that I either pay attention to or let flow around me. I choose to pay attention if I can help or the info someone is relaying helps me.

@fadeaway Relatable. Struggle to meet protein and water needs esp bc of gi/ibs issues and just not being able to stuff myself constantly w/ food and water. Also have insomnia so often too tired to work out as much as wanted/needed. It's tough

Back