I’ve lost 80 lbs, and started resistance training about 3 months ago. The difference since beginning to lift weights astounds me!

edenworkshops

Progress Photo (slightly NSFW, bra and leggings)

235 lbs to 205 lbs

A couple years ago I was 280. I dropped down to 235-240 and got stuck. All I had changed was my diet. I still felt unhealthy, and felt like I didn’t see much difference in my body.

A couple months ago I hired a trainer and began working out with weights. I’m still not as consistent as I’d like to be, but am getting there. I was reflecting on my progress and here are some wins!
1. First day of training I could barely hold a 20 second plank. I can now do a 60 second forearm plank.
  1. I was bicep curling 5 lb dumbbells. Now I curl 20lbs. I did box jumps on an 18 inch platform the other day, a few months ago I was scared to use the 6 inch platform.
  2. Still don’t have awesome running endurance, but I could barely jog for a minute 3 months ago. Now I can jog easily for 8-10 minutes before I give up.
  3. I feel much firmer and toned. And my resting heart rate is down to 53 bpm from 85bpm.
  4. Most importantly... I’m LOVING MYSELF! Buying cute clothes when in the past I covered up with baggy sweatshirts and sweatpants. I used to feel like I wasn’t worthy to take up space and basically apologized for my existence. No longer. I feel so proud, and can’t wait to continue this journey!

@edenworkshops I am 29 and 231lbs. I just started working out and eating better, and lost 6lbs already! But it’s hard and I’m sore a lot. I’m just tired of feeling like crap and not being able to move without huge amounts of effort. Do you have any tips?

@kaddy I’m 29. And I’m sure you can do it, just take it slow and be kind to yourself along the way. And if you need an emotional support/motivation buddy, let me know!

@edenworkshops Heyy girl you have accomplished so much. I have lost 48 lbs this year, cycling in the summer implementation of weight workouts this fall. I have also made great progress with tone and strength. Cardio alone although some swear by it, will not keep your loss sustainable. Stick with the weights... I have now added a punching bag workout and am seeing flab disappear where I didn't think it would. Lol. Being strong, I feel great.

@bryanj You know, I was out for a walk today jamming to La Vie en Rose lol and smiling ear to ear, and a guy smiled and waved hi to me, which didn’t use to happen. I think I’ve become a lot more approachable, and I believe it has more to do with radiating joy than my weight