I’ve lost 80 lbs, and started resistance training about 3 months ago. The difference since beginning to lift weights astounds me!

@edenworkshops I’m just dropping in to say that I’m ridiculously proud of you!

It’s not just about the vanity style changes, you’re making a real commitment to your future health and well-being.

You’re an inspiration.

@edenworkshops Amazing work! I had been doing basic cardio for the last year and my 2021 resolution was to get stronger, so I started swapping and adding weight training into my regular workout cadence. The difference in only a few weeks is amazing, but also motivating! Like you, I can feel myself improving and I want to keep that momentum.

ps- super impressed that you are doing 20lb curls! i am only at 8, though I could probably get a 12lb set in there if I want. You're motivating me to try!

@edenworkshops this is awesome!!! the best part about strength training with weights is watching your progression improve as you become more and more consistent. I started weightlifting as a scrawny skinny-fat 15 year old at my local gym with my brother and was so embarrassed about starting out with 5 lb dumbbell curls. Now i’m in between 20 and 25 pounds depending on the day lol. don’t worry if you fall off the wagon for a few months, i’ve been hella inconsistent the past 5 years due to college/internships/externships/jobs but haven’t lost much progress. muscle memory is a wonderful thing :)

you go girl!!!!!

@edenworkshops FIERCE!

Your progress is really impressive! I know you say you’re not as consistent as you wish but honestly the consistency to get from where you were to where you are today should not be underrated! The increase in strength and endurance are really inspiring.

@edenworkshops YAASS GAINS!!!

At some point, the numbers on the scale may not come down as much but you’ll still feel yourself becoming leaner and stronger. Muscles!!

Also, progress is progress, as slow as it may be.

Don’t measure it by your weight alone.

By your post, it seems you already have that clear in mind. ;)

Keep it going, girl!

@edenworkshops You are amazing! Thank you for sharing your story. I'm sorry about how you felt before, but I'm so happy this is giving you confidence in yourself. Loving yourself is so hard but so important. It's one of those "simple, but difficult" things.

How do you like working with a personal trainer? How often are you working with them? How often do you workout without them?

@popcorngiggles83 I workout with him 2x per week, but my program is a 5 day program, with one active rest day and a yoga day for the other days in the week.

The 4 week program we are doing now is really challenging for my fitness level so we need to modify a lot, and he has been great about helping me modify without making me feel discouraged. Today for instance we were supposed to do totem poles, but my core strength just isn’t there, so we know to work up to it by doing other core exercises first