I’ve lost 80 lbs, and started resistance training about 3 months ago. The difference since beginning to lift weights astounds me!

@earthboundmisfit929 It is!! I can do 12 pounds 15+ times fairly comfortably, but 15 pounds gets pretty tough after a few reps. I can't imagine getting up 20 lol, bicep curl progression is slow and painful

@katherine42016 Just go heavier! When you can’t go up anymore, give juust enough assistance with your other arm. You’ll progress quickly and won’t need assistance pretty quickly.

@werfel Not OP but her post could’ve been my exact post. Finally moving past a plateau after literally 8 months of shifting around the same weight. Was going to gym daily but ratio was more focused on cardio than strength. Started lifting more regularly starting Jan 1. Have lost consistently since then! I love love love Sydney Cummings on YouTube. Especially the transcend program which is a great push/pull legs progressive overload plan and it feels like having a trainer there!

@werfel A few things!
1. It’s all about mindset and self compassion. Take things in small steps, and acknowledge that one bad day or bad moment doesn’t dictate your future! Push yourself, but not so much that it’s not sustainable.
2. A lot of awesome online resources. I love Nerdfitness.com. Also the Big Book of Women’s Exercises by WomensHealth. And I have an online Facebook accountability group to keep me motivated!
  1. Don’t force yourself to do exercises that you just don’t like. Try new things, but if you don’t enjoy one thing, find another. My happy place is outside, so I tell myself that if I jog for 30 minutes (intervals) then I can sit under a tree and read a book :)