I did my first push-ups after failing for months

@annmarkerls As a trainer with plenty of situations like this, i must say no one can give solid advices without seeing your pics, front, side and back in neutral position. Also you are stronger, and going from 0 to 6 push ups is surely an improvement and a good result, but maybe not enough. More specifically: not enough for you, not enough to have an idea of your situation. People who wants to lose weight focus on diet and its totally fine, but you just lose fat that way. Your metabolism is still the same, eat again and you'll have your fat back. So we workout, and thats the point: we know just one exercise you do. We dont know how you look (your proportions and posture and fat distribution and so on).

To give a short answer: at least we need your workout schedule. I think you are not pushing enough, and going on this way you will improve, but i cant be sure without knowing anything else. Maybe 2300 kcal is too much, but i cant be sure if i dont know whats the purpose of all these calories. I mean, we should know how you workout. Also maybe 100g protein is a bit too much right now, i mean, it doesnt hurt, but dont be too focused. For beginners its almost always a matter of workout.

Honestly i would be glad to give advices and suggestions, but i dont want to be the teacher of the situation without being really able to do it. Its not honest to say we have the key of your problems without really SEEING your problems.

@annmarkerls Not sure how well this might be received here, but I recommend DDP Yoga. Using dynamic resistance, there's not a ton of movements (other than the plank push-ups, which have a number of modification variants to make them easier)

The Fat Burner and Core workouts are pretty efficient alongside a sensible diet and intermittent fasting.

@annmarkerls Convict Conditioning gets a lot of criticism, but I think the progression from wall to inclined to half, then kneeling pushups, then to half pushups and full pushups is good if you're in a position where you can't do, say 20 pushups with a reasonable effort. Higher volume on progressively more difficult exercises does wonders.

I can't see the sidebar rn, but doesn't it have a link to a pushup progression plan?

@annmarkerls Well it sounds like your working out most days through the week and 2300 is a large surplus that you don’t really need, especially if you’re trying to lose weight.

Just stick at 1500 calories every day, and make sure it’s actually 1500 calories.

@rdubal That’s true but the 2300 is being offset by the days of 1500. And I think someone also mentioned her tdee works out to 1800, that’s what I based the 1500 off of.

But ya wouldn’t hurt to start off at 1900 to see what happens.

@annmarkerls Are you trying to build muscle or lose weight?

Seems what you're doing is for muscle, I wouldn't go 2300 calories if losing weight is your main goal, once you're at your goal weight then you can slowly up the calories. Working out will also be easier when you weigh less and you will have more energy

@annmarkerls It's hard to lose weight while building muscle. I'd argue not to worry about your weight and concentrate on your fitness first. Eventually you can look into cutting methods, but if you aren't in good shape first, cutting will make working out an exhausting, miserable experience.

Fitness is a long journey, I'd focus on what you've achieved instead of a number on the scale. Good luck, and keep up the good work!

@annmarkerls I don’t know what exactly you do in the gym, but I recommend lifting weights. It really boosts your metabolism and if you do end up eating a little extra calories, it’ll build muscle instead of being stored as fat. I might get slaughtered for saying this but I put my info into a BMR calculator when I started losing weight to figure out how many calories I should eat and it really worked for me

@annmarkerls Hey OP, you didn’t share any time frame and how much calorie you burn when you exercise. Do you think you burn 600 calories, so you have to compensate that much?

As for growing weight: it could be several reasons: 1. You eat more calories than you burn; 2. You eat too much sodium; 3. You drink too much water. I don’t know what kind of exercise you’re doing and whether it’s hot where you live, but 1 gallon of water is a lot. If you don’t sweat that much, you don’t need that much. Our kidneys can only process 1L per hour. 4. Muscles retain more water after exercise as a part of healing process. I know from my own experience I can easily gain 2-3 pounds next day after a good strength workout. 5. Hormonal reasons. Women bodies tend to retain water before menstruation.

As you can see: there’s a lot of possible reasons, but not nearly enough information to draw any conclusions.