I don’t train til failure, but I’m always fatigued and extremely sore

@viri So if you do 5 sets of chest, 3 days later do another 5 sets of chest, you tell me you can consistently progress all 5 of those sets? Every time?

@dawn16 I said plenty of people, not just me. But sure, ignore all of the research and thousands of people's anecdotal experience lol, you know my training better than me!

@mstyle00 I have and it honestly does wonders, the following week I’m much stronger, maybe I ought to take a week off, also about the maintenance phase, I feel like I am in one, my weights rarely go up :(

@jimkbeau Maintenance phase is usually a long phase where you aren't really maxing out efforts at all. You are doing much less work, probably between 25% to 50% of your normal work.

This allows you to still maintain muscle and practice technique while your body recovers from fatigue.

2 or 3 times a year I will take 1 week off from the gym. Come back and do essentially 2 weeks of maintenance, and then go back to a program with progressive overload.

Something to consider. You're also 2 years in so make sure you're not confusing a lack of progress with the fact that maybe the newbie gains are all behind you now?

@jimkbeau Jeff nippard PPL program is too much volume ..unless u eat/sleep and live like him I don't recommend it ..make 3-4 days of solid workout program whatever u like upper/lower or just 4 days PPL with continuation.. get ur creatine/food rotations on point specially veggies and fruits so u don't miss out on any vitamins and stuff

@lancslad91 I took a look at it, it really doesn't look that bad to me. It's on the higher end for a Jeff nippard program ~15ish weekly sets per muscle group but Jeff programs tend to be on the lower side of volume relative to other programs.
Maybe OP should try something else but this doesn't scream crazy volume to me or anything.

@lancslad91 I’m actually shocked to hear this but it definitely makes sense, I’m not well refined in the sleep and eating department, why should I expect to keep up with him, I’ll definitely be scaling it down

@jimkbeau No, I don't think 70 sets is too much, especially if you're keeping a 1 to 3 RIR. That's about 12 sets a day on a 6 day split, which is roughly what I do. I'd probably say that you're most likely ready for a deload if you feel that fatigued and sore.