I'm still Chris Brown and this is my 2-year progress post about bodyweight training and life!

@ukubird I switched from fuckarounditis to the RR after reading your 1 year post. It was great motivation. I'm almost 6 months into the RR. 64 total workouts so far! Your post is still in my saved section. So a huge thank you to you, /@ukubird!

I'm really happy to see this post. I plan on moving on from the RR this summer so its nice to see someone else's approach to the post RR life. After reading all the Concept Wednesdays and archived posts, i'm probably going to keep doing the upper body part of the RR 3x/week+added exercises. Then I'll do legs+core a separate day, 1-2x/week. I also want to add in running+basketball now that the weather is beautiful here in NYC.

Its also nice to see someone else struggling with their diet. On r/bwf and r/fitness, you usually see mostly amazing transformations. I'm glad i'm not the only one who deals with non-linear progress both in the gym and in the kitchen.

@ukubird
You start going for better, more attractive women

-

People like you more, men respect you, women touch you

Those statements made me cringe. Sure, you have more confidence, but conflating "attractive" with "better" is a bit shallow.

Otherwise I think you've got a good attitude and about your progress and the ways in which it makes you happier. Confidence is a great side effect of exercise; modesty and humility are important qualities too.

@bubblesxx I didn't read this as "I now get to bang hotties", more "I now go for women I am attracted to who I wouldn't have had the confidence to go for before." Nothing wrong with wanting to be touched by attractive people, that's a pretty healthy human desire.

@bubblesxx Just putting it out there but there are attractive women that would make terrible partners (i.e. cant hold a job, very materialistic, self centred, no goals or prospects in life) and then there attractive women that are 'better' (i.e. have a career, want a wholesome family, have goals and ambitions etc.). That's potentially what he could mean?

@wisdomm
  • That's why 'attractive' should include 'physically fit' - as achieving decent fitness involves (a decent level of) discipline, self-awareness, diligence, focus and other nice by-product qualities that we like in 'attractive' people...
  • Vacuous 'gorgeous' bimbos who have never exercised and rely purely on fleeting genetic lottery 'looks' are not 'attractive' to me...

@ukubird It's kind of funny how I'm basically you just some months earlier. I started bwf about half a year later and run into the same things along the way. Ran the RR for too long, then switched to PPL with weighted dips/chinups for 5x5, eventually plateaued and thought maybe some volume would help so started doing 4x10 with less weight, didn't like that at all and went back to the original PPL. Even our numbers are almost the same at similar time points. It's quite uncanny. Anyways, good job on the progress man!

@ukubird Good job man - great read !OK - next time you're in Oz you better come to Bondi Beach, man! Even hitch the 3000 miles across desert if you have to!!! It will be worth it!

@ukubird Why didn't you have a 'heavy' and 'volume' day for pull-ups? Concern over tendinitis? If so, Check out the theraband, worked miracles for me.

Given what you pulled and your skiing background you squat does seem very low. Have you worked with any power lifters to see if there is something wrong with your form?

Anyway, great work and your traveling makes me jealous, and miss my 20's.

@yuliza I have a flexbar red and its been incredible for me. I recommend it to everyone with tendonitis issues.

I like doing hard things so I just programmed gvt to kick my ass for the final month of me being able to train. It was fun.

I train at a small gym in a small town. I'm one of the few guys lifting heavy and I don't think I've ever seen anyone squat a considerable weight in that gym. When I'm home I ask friends for tips tho. Got a 6'7" friend who pulls like 560

Back