Is 22 eggs a day too much? Trying to cut quickly

@conroy01 Calories in calories out is still king. Will eating 22 eggs work? Yea absolutely because your calories are low. Is there a better way of achieving the same goal? Yep. I’d rather eat 1800 calories of Greek yogurt, oatmeal, skinless chicken, lean beef, berries, Korean and Japanese sweet potatoes, rice, potatoes, lots of greens, etc. especially cause I can do that for months without a problem rather than 2 weeks. I don’t think I could do 22 eggs for even one day.

Low carb and keto is no more effective than anything else with lower calories.

@grace_chaser Trying to keep my insulin low so I can get fat adapted. I have done this version of extreme Lilo carb back when I used to eat eggs and broccoli. It was f****** disgusting but I did tighten up. Though I suppose it could have been water weight

@conroy01 First you wont lose much fat. Maybe 3 pounds in 2 weeks, plus water weight. You’ll gain it all back because you won’t learn how to eat a normal healthy diet. Being fat adapted doesn’t matter, keto is stupid unless you have a legitimate medical reason where a doctor prescribes it for you.

If you count calories and eat below maintenance, you’ll have healthy insulin levels unless you’re a diabetic, in which case talk to your doctor for advice. You also don’t need 200 grams of protein.

Why not eat a healthy, sustainable diet with a modest but effective caloric deficit? Eat 3-6 meals or snacks a day and learn portion control at the same time. In 3 months you’ll lose weight, the new habits you develop will allow you to keep the weight off by switching to maintenance, and you won’t have to eat a disgusting diet. Use MacroFactor to help figure it out or just count calories on your own with myfitnesspal if you don’t want to spend money on MacroFactor.

@grace_chaser False, low carb is more effective even with more calories if you exclude dairy and stick to red meat and eggs. That way ur body will use fat for energy and that’s what he is trying to achieve to lose quick weight.

@conroy01 Honestly man, start planning for your 35 birthday bod instead of 34.

I know what you have in mind and it’s just unlikely to look the way you want, especially for the misery you’d put yourself through

You can try protein sparing modified fasting#:~:text=A%20protein%2Dsparing%20modified%20fast,and%20vitamin%20and%20mineral%20supplementation) for something dramatic, but again it’s not going to get you what results I think you want

@conroy01 Fitness is not an sprint, it’s a marathon. Make a sustainable plan that you enjoy and stick to for longer without too much motivation…in fact your diet plan should be good enough to keep you motivated or at least should not demotivate … given that you need fat and carbs too to make your lifts and organ healthy

@conroy01 Eggs are heavy on the stomach also. You will gain one thing and lose something else with such a diet. And sometimes the losses are bigger than the wins. Just go with a normal diet and consistency over time instead of speed. And it will also depend on your genetica 🧬

@conroy01 This is hilarious and most likely a troll post but if your looking for protein/cal just get in 2 protein shakes a day and call it good.

Back