Is it possible to lower your AF Fees?

e123

I’m currently at 2,300. Masaya naman ako sa AF so far but I think 2.3k is too much for me as a budget for gym when I could have 1.7k or 1.8k for an AF contract as I’ve researched. Is there any way I can haggle my fee to get lowered down to around that price?

I was thinking of cancelling my branch to cancel my membership (and avail a contract, if possible, from other branches offering a much more lower monthly) OR even if I would just express my concern to my home branch saying other people get it for only 1.7k or 1.8k would it be possible for me to get it lowered it down here else, I go? I’m very serious with me going though as I didn’t care about w/n my gym is a commercial or bakal and I already did both and 2.3k monthly is just so much for me. Is any of this possible?

@e123 Those who got 1.7 and 1.8k (me included) got it because they took it when the AF gym was still being constructed. I'm not sure if they will allow you to get the same rate.

@e123 I came from 2300 monthly to 1900 now pero pure luck lang ata. End of contract ko kasi nagkataon na anniv ng AF at may promo nationwide. Branch manager nag-insist na imbis na icontinue payment as is or i-end ko ang contract ay i-renew na lang daw namin at makukuha ko as P1900 monthly. Kaya ayon ginawa ko

Case to case basis din ata. I know of horror stories na club admin lang laging present sa branch at pahirapan kausapin ang branch kapag usapang payment. Swerte lang ata ako sa home branch ko

When in doubt, it doesn't hurt to ask your home branch

@furka I should do this haha. Matagal na konte nag end contract ko so monthly basis nalang ako, paying 2070/mo. I'll wait if magka promo and see if they can lower it.

A friend of mine was able to get the 1800 promo when he and wife signed up.

It's a small difference but wouldnt hurt to try anyways.

@e123 Up! Paying mine for 2850/mo. Too steep considering I go in like once a week since I also have Classpass.

Really hoping that there’s gonna be an AF that will be newly-built somewhere so i can avail of their promotional membership :(

@e123 Yes. I haggled my membership from 2.5k to 2k.

I told them that other branches offer 2k membership. If they bring the price down to 2k, ill sign up today.

2022 bacoor cavite branch.

@e123 Ilang months ka na ba sa contract mo? May nabasa kasi ako dati na after matapos ung contract, pwede mo sya ihaggle. Try mo nalang yun. Kesa mag cancel ka ng membership tapos gagastos ka ng 5k. Mine was 2125 nag avail ako nung 11.11 after the contract din I'm gonna ask them if pwede pa ibaba.

@e123 2,650 per month sakin and yung AF gym is super liit and masikip compare sa other branches along Cavite and ginagawa ko nalang para ay talagang tiisin yung monthly expense pero 4-5 times naman ako nag woworkout so medyo sulit din. Planning din na lumipat next year dahil may 2.1k na malapit din na AF sa home branch ko 🥹

@e123 Hi! I got my membership for ₱1,840/Month under a student rate.

What I would suggest: Cancel your current membership (remember that you have to pay for a cancellation fee when you’re still IN contract) or finish your contract (if it’s not yet finished). After that, sign up again, and present your school ID (magpagawa ka nalang if wala kang valid school ID or remove the validation sticker if you still have your school ID).

Tiisin mo nalang na you have to pay for a new keyfob and entry fee again, one-time charge lang din naman yan. There you go, that’s how you get AF for less than 2k a month.

DISCLAIMER: I availed my membership a month before I graduated. Been using AF now as a corporate slave employee, and I still pay the same rate haha

@lakikos Kakainis! I did signed up as a student and got the “student rate” of 2.3k.. sana pina-contract ko nalang ng 2 years and possibly got the 1.8k sana hayy..

Thanks for the suggestion! My contract will end in August! Ipapa-cancel ko citing new options for much cheaper. Hopefully i-retain nila ako as a member with lowered fee.. hahaha! If hindi, hanap ako new AF branch that would sell me lower price.

Question though, can I not use the same keyfop sa new AF membership ko if ever? Para less gastos sabihin ko nalang member ako before? Hahaha!