Just did 24.2. Gave it my all. Doing crossfit for 6 months. Did scaled.

user911

As title says, did scaled 24.2. Can't help but feel disappointed with 6 rounds done. How do you deal with the disappointment? Most people in the box did better than me.

@user911 The only thing that has successfully fended off disappointment in my score is when a coach told me that the leaderboard doesn’t include those who chose to sit on the couch (which is most of America).

@juanbel I was using this analogy for parkrun when I volunteered timekeeper last week - puts it all in perspective! These people showed up!

@user911 Comparison is the thief of joy. It's no different if you are comparing, looks, income, hair color, or in this case your workout result. Find the joy in what you have done for yourself, and your life will magically become infinitely better. Good luck next week!

@user911 Think of it as a base then test again in 6 months and see how you improved. I myself only started in oct did rx tonight only completed 4 rounds because of double unders but I know if I keep going as I am in 6 months and I retest I will be better. All the other rx in my gym battered me but I’m not competing with them I’m taking on myself. Be proud of yourself for doing it

Use it as that ground zero test and see how you improve

@kimberlee Thank you. That's really good advice. Well done you too. Go us for doing it! Need to stop comparing myself to others. So true, competing with myself. Thanks for your kind words.

@user911 A really good point to take away from this is that it's not you Vs anyone else in your gym, it's you Vs the workout.

My workout partner and I did our first Rx competition in the summer and she was terrified about coming last. My main point to her was that it didn't matter if we came last. We're pushing ourselves and jumping into an Rx level competition, because that's the level of workout that is challenging to us. It's not us Vs anyone else, it's us Vs the workout.

@lakic Also we are in crossfit with fit people, I always think when I have been rubbish that day that I am probably fitter than the general population. I always think am I getting any better, stronger, fitter etc… then it’s a win ! As you say, it is me against the workout.