Just got bloodwork back from the doctor, low sodium..

@bjlytle7 Probably drinking too much water. Try slowly cutting down on liquids (4 cups for 2 days, 3 cups for 2 days, 2 cups for 2 days) also water content of food matters too. (Cut down on fruits, yogurt, applesauce,etc.) and then get it rechecked. This should bump you up provided you eat high-protein and moderate-high salt. (It is important to mention you do this slowly, because too fast an increase in blood sodium can cause brain hemorrhaging, or brain damage from cell shrinking)

@loveandfear I think my headaches and the sodium were not connected. My occipital muscles I think were aggravated and were causing the constant headaches. Doing some dry needling in my upper back, massage, mobility, etc helped.

@bjlytle7 I know it's 4 years later, but I'm going through pretty much the same thing.

Except my level is 124 which is very bad. I feel fine. I was referred to a nephrologist and I'm just wondering what ended up happening for you.

@leftfield66 I'm sorry to hear that. I don't believe my issue was sodium related.

I think the muscles connectoed to my occipital muscle in the back of my skull were under constant aggravation. It took quite a while to get things calmed... specifically a lot of mobility, foam rolling , plow exercises, etc

@bjlytle7 Oh interesting. I actually meant if you solved the sodium issues NOT the headaches.

I have severe chronic migraines that actually are triggered by exactly what you’re talking about. I have radio frequency nerve ablations of the nerve for it and it’s been a miracle for me. 25+ migraine days a month to almost none.

I’m glad you found relief.

Back