KB FS vs. C&P Weights

@gina7arth You could look into volume cycles from Mark wildman. You take a rep you can do comfortably and do increasing sets. Each day the reps/intensity stay the same while you increase the sets

@gina7arth If you use the same weight for everything, you shouldn't do the same number of reps for everything.
If you can't increase the weight, increase the reps, or sets, or both. So do fewer reps for overhead press and more reps for squats.

@gina7arth Some of it, I'm sure, is people who don't mind being top heavy (young guys especially don't seem to mind this), but for most it is a volume thing. For example: If I'm forced to do a single KB workout (which sometimes life demands if I'm working out on a job site or something) I'll do a 20 kg, 30-40 reps of goblet squat, sumo squat, single arm dead lift, alternating lunges, and swings, 50 pushups, 50 rows, 30 sumo high pulls, and 20 to 30 clean and press, along with situps, reverse situps, twists, etc. So at the end, out of 9 main exercises, five are lower body focused, two are full body complexes, only two are upper body focused, and basically everything works the core to some degree.

@gina7arth Like everyone’s saying, it’s normal to be able to front squat significantly more than your press.

If you feel like your press is weak, consider making it stronger. Ideally with a barbell, work up to a very heavy set of 5, then back off the weights and get 100 more reps. Do that twice a week and your press will be stronger.

Bing Bing Bing

Back