Lifting is a women's bestfriend for getting toned. (-5lbs, 19.5% bodyfat)

@elijaht agree- and even 1850 kcal per day at this height/weight is a deficit. I'd imagine feeling so drained! OP has 4 inches on me and I get hella irritable at 1500 - could not imagine what adding a 48 hour fast would be like

I also calculated the dinner and I think that’s just under 400 calories. I think your calculations are off to the extent you’re eating a couple hundred calories fewer a day than you might think!

@christianwithhope This is great, I was literally just thinking last night about switching to this kind of fasting regimen, and now I'm definitely going to do it! Whenever I've had to fast for a medical procedure, I always feel much better for days after. I think regular fasting could really help my performance, in addition to aesthetics.

@angelbaby1977 The first day not at all. Your glycogen seems to be high enough in the first 24 hours to lift at full potential. I usually fasted Saturday and Sunday, so on the second day no workouts. On Monday I would notice a small decrease in lifts (maybe 5lbs less or 1 less rep) but that seemed to bounce back by the end of the week.

Performance was MUCH better fasting every second weekend then when I was cutting at a 500 calories deficit. In that case my lifts just seemed to slowly decrease week over week.

@sharkiemcgee I do a different form of intermittent fasting. We eat during a 6-8 hour window and fast 16-18 hours. We finish eating dinner by 7 and then we don’t eat again until the next afternoon. I’m usually happy to just have a snack around 3pm and have dinner be my one real meal a day.

It works really well for me and weight loss has been more consistent than anything else I’ve tried. Over the last year by fasting blood sugar levels have improved as well.

Back