Mod Post: The Ideal Gym

@acer621 I'd want for the equipment to be in booths so you could work out without feeling exposed - this is my major issue with the gym! Or at least translucent booth walls, if safety is a concern on particular equipment. Either way, just something to give me a bit more privacy and my own space.

@reaper44 Yes this! I just posted something similar down thread! A little pod with a squat rack, dumbbells, bench etc and you could book the space so you didn’t have to worry about anyone else.

@kayladeane Oml, the number of times I've waited for the leg press machine and seen people on there just using their phone and occasionally pumping...I just need to get my three sets in PLEASE

@acer621 My ideal gym would be one thats inside my home that only I use, so I never have to worry about someone else not re-racking the weights, or having to wait for a machine

@dawn16 Husband and I are in the market for a house and a deal breaker is a place for a gym. Whether that's a basement, garage, big shed... don't care. We're so stoked

@dawn16 ahem /r/homegym

It’s the best. I’m so glad I did it, don’t think I could go back now. A pool (or at least a hot tub) would be amazing.

@rcpolk I started my home gym a decade ago and it's been the BEST thing I've done for my fitness. Never have to worry about hours, or other people, or membership fees, when I was broke and unemployed I still had it, and covid didn't effect my fitness at all.

Back