Mod Post: The Ideal Gym

@acer621 Online booking for swim lanes and the ability to rank your speed and see what other people's speed is, so it's not a gamble to see how full the pool will be and if you do have to share at least you won't need to deal with passing as often.

@acer621 Area for weights, a climbing wall, a padded area for martial arts and aerial silks, connected to an outdoor park with running/walking trails (bring the dogs!). Ideally this is a home gym on a property that is either large or next to a forest.

@acer621 A gym that has a proper management system for people waiting for their turn on a given station, especially the squat racks. Wish you could input your intentions with a machine or station (i.e. how what you’re doing on it fits into your routine) and then it would display to other people approximately how much time you need... basically a gym for people like me too shy to ask when someone’s busy on something that I’m waiting for.

@laura1226 Pre COVID when we were open, we had a floor coach to greet clients, make sure they understood their programs (all individually created by their personal coach on our team), and orchestrate everyone getting the equipment and space they need and give you coaching cues or a cheer when you needed it. It was magic.

@acer621 Basically a costco sized warehouse full of rigs on one side, oly platforms in the middle. On the end side is a spin room and treadmills. Outside is an entrance to a 10+ mile trail for hiking/running/exploring.

This place is huge because I want others training with me, but I wouldn't charge a membership fee, instead you'd be selected based on how you fit into the group. No cliques, everyone supports everyone, teaches good form. We'd have athletes and coaches from all sorts of divisions stopping by once a month or so and I think it would be epic if a few competitions could be held here as well.

Basically I want Castro's ranch, but without Castro haha.

Oh, and since it's my IDEAL gym, there are horses on this property as well so I can go riding :) I turned ideal into fantasy.......... I'm ok with that

Back