My 10 Month Calisthenics journey!

@gerat_tzedek Mostly the routine I said because It works for me! My muscles are in constant challenge and pain thorough the week! I did each muscle group once a week when I started but now that I am used to working out I can do each muscle group twice a week! I know a lot of people who do also push/pull/legs but technically that's what I am doing

Chest+Triceps [push]

Back+Biceps [Pull]

Legs and then shoulders is push but pretty much it is push/pull if I wanted I could just throw shoulders in Chest+Triceps day and do more Grip (forearm) work in Leg day instead of Back+Biceps day but I don't think it would make a significant difference

I have most of my workouts logged in Garmin app, because I use Garmin forerunner 735XT watch and Heart rate monitor belt to keep track of my pulse when doing cardio and sometimes calisthenics!

Rests is all about your goal and how you feel. Obviously you can't judge breaks from being tired and lazy but it depends if you want to increase strength than having a good rest is important! Ff you are doing HIIT or circuit training then you have to have set time of rest for example one minute and just get it after time's up no matter how you feel so I would say it depends what is your goal of current workout.

@beerandjesus Thank you very much for the answers @beerandjesus. It seems you are doing something similar to me.

I also have the intention of doing something every day.

I'm doing cardio (running or indoor cycling), about 3 days a week and about 3-4 days a week I'm doing strength/endurance workouts, sometimes is upper/lower/full, others is push/pull/legs, it depends. I'm still figuring out my preferred way of working out. I just wanted to see if you stick with the same scheme for the full 10 months, without feeling the need to change. You answered me that. Thanks a lot!

@bakhtsingh As a fellow runner, I prefer to not do the most hard workout possible, we need endurance, not pure strength. I don't know if I'm explaining myself correctly, but at least for me, I prefer to do an not-so-hard (easier but not that easy) exercise, like push ups or decline push ups, instead of diamond push ups, one hand pushups or weights. I apply the same to my legs, I prefer a workout with bodyweight squats, bulgarian split squats, instead of Pistol Squats or weighted squats. I would like your (and/or anyone else, of course) opinion on this :)

Cheers guys

@gerat_tzedek I completely agree with you. I'm finding the recommended routine (RR) ideal, since you can set it up as you please and do full body workouts 3 times a week with full days of rest in between. I also like to push a bit harder (I'd like to do 1 handstand pushup by the end of the year), so I'm really enjoying the progressions in the RR. Regarding legs, my approach is similar to yours, and generally I'm happy with their performance when running on trails and such.

@gerat_tzedek Could really use the answer to these questions since I have a similar running profile to @gerat_tzedek

If I may add, I'm currently running 3 times a week and doing the recommended routine (always on alternate days, with one rest day per week). I may switch to weighted training for legs, since I don't trust my joints that much for pistols or shrimps.

@beerandjesus Great job! Wow. Your TDEE seems lower than what I usually see on here. I also put your stats in the tdee calculator as moderately active and it says 3,151 calories to maintain weight. How did you calculate your TDEE?

@jppeace I just weigh myself every morning after bathroom when I still haven't drank or eat anything that way it's always the same circumstance! Then for example I've was eating 2500kcal and looking what happens to my weight after a week if it's increasing then I am dropping my kcal if it's decreasing than at what rate? And by doing this I basically figured out how much kcal I need to eat. It took some time and adjusting but I figured it out. I definitely have pretty slow metabolism! I always have been big guy but never lean. This is my best shape of my life and it took hell of a work!

@jppeace There is a great Excel sheet up for download on the r/fitness sub. I think it is called something with Adaptive TDEE sheet. You basically put in your height and weight and it gives you an estimate as a starting point. After that, you weigh yourself every morning before eating or drinking (and after peeing) and track your calories for the day. You put those two stats into the sheet every day and it calculates your TDEE on the run. You need to be consistent though. But 2300 seems reasonable. I ak also the same height as OP and mine was like 2300- 2500kcal (I am only 82kg though). I know what you mean though, those calculators are all over the place, especially if you use multiple. If you don't want to use the sheet, use one calculator as a starting point and adjust from there. You could also use a median of multiple calculators if you like, but the only way to do it accurately is with time. Hope this helps!