My partner (22F) really wants a bbl and I’m opposed due to known dangers. Is building a full rear realistic through bodybuilding?

decibyte

Hi there, so my partner has always been insecure about her lack in the back, and she’s been bringing up getting a BBL a Lot. I’ve told her I don’t like the idea bc I’ve read the procedure can be dangerous and expensive for a result she may not even be happy with in the end.
Of course, there’s bodybuilding and hyper trophy, but I’m still a noob in this area especially when it comes to muscle growth in women in particular.
If you’re starting at ground zero, is it actually realistic for a woman to grow her glutes to be full and deep?
Does anyone have any resources I can look further into for this?

Thanks, y’all.

EDIT (thanks for the replies so far guys):

I don’t think she wants that huge disproportionate BBL look like Kim K or Nikki Minaj. Well, not really. She jokes about it, but really like someone below mentioned, she just wants to look good in yoga pants and gym shorts. Her word is juicy lol, but I think what she wants is an average size, full looking butt.

@decibyte If she wants a freakishly large and disproportionate ass of the type people generally associate with the BBL... that's probably not gonna happen in the gym.

If she's never seriously lifted weights before and just wants an ass that looks good in yoga pants... yeah that's a totally reasonable goal and could be achieved in like a year or two of decently consistent effort. Squats, Romanian Deadlifts, Hip Thrusts.

@nuria I’d probably go split squats over squats if all you care about is glute hypertrophy but that’s nit picky. Otherwise agreed with everything you said.

@decibyte I just saw they removed your post over there. Just as a way of answering you, please understand that lifting is a big commitment and you can't make someone want it. Yes, she can work her way to a great ass: the Strong Curves program or many others can do it, along with high protein intake, and maybe putting on weight if she's already thin. But if she wants to buy a bum instead of work for it there's only so much you can do to change someone's mind. The smallest SC program is like 4 hours a week and any serious lifting routine is going to take more than that.

@decibyte No prob! The sub is a great resource for women (and men) looking build their glutes. Bret Contreras aka “The Glute Guy” wrote books on this subject

@anselm77 Full disclosure: he's also a terrible person.

Doesn't make the advice poor... though, a lot of his conclusions from EMG research are wayyy too strong and you really need to follow the trail of where his claims stem from and basically write them off if they're EEG-related outside "some level of activation is seen, so it's engaged to some non-zero extent" (i.e. a boolean)

@weepingwillow422 Legit question. Are you saying Greg N is a jerk or he’s such a kind dude that it was surprising that he stated that? Just wanna know, cause I’m already 2/2 for peeps I thought were decent but are actually arses.

@decibyte I’d also look into “red5performance” he has a lot of free information out there and works with a lot of women, matter of fact one of this is representing USA in the IPL world championships this weekend.

He is a strength and conditioning coach with a lot of useful free knowledge that I’ve utilized, he also responds to comments a lot in my experience :)

@decibyte He’s got a book which might be interesting for you and your partner, called Glute Lab. It’s pretty decent information, has various programs throughout, and talks through hypertrophy vs strength.