My partner (22F) really wants a bbl and I’m opposed due to known dangers. Is building a full rear realistic through bodybuilding?

@decibyte I guess I'll say more not nice things about someone based on one very telling desire.

Yeah they're disgusting. I'd draw the line there. So lazy and vain instead of hardworking. I don't understand how anyone would actually think it's an acceptable thing to even consider. It could easily be argued that it's morally reprehensible. She's really gotta work on her mental health if she would actually consider doing something like that.

Also you'd maybe think, if you like her how she is, why would she get this? To be more attractive to other men? Where do you think that leads? Also, she's just perpetuating inherently harmful and unnatural beauty standards, and that's morally reprehensible. And she's trying to appeal to the male gaze, not very feminist and harmful to other women.

Also, seemingly no respect for money. What an absolute waste when you can get that with a bit of hard work. You can also die. Not worth it. It's also gonna look bad at some point in the future, much worse than it looks now. And what happens when society flips back around to not liking big butts and preferring small butts? Is she gonna hop on that trend too?

Obviously a nice butt can be built naturally. How else do you think women have had nice butts since humans have been around?

How did this become something society accepts as normal? Its some rich ass lazy vanity to the highest degree. That's bad. It's always been bad and always will be. Its akin to cheating.

People have real problems, as does she with her mental health issues and lack of values and morality, and she's trying to pay for a bigger ass? What kind of twisted worldview and narcissism does one have to hold to believe that this line of thinking is even remotely reasonable or acceptable?

And you might say I'm overanalyzing this and it's harmless, but it's provably not harmless to the self but more importantly to society as a whole because if it only hurt her, it'd still be vain and lazy and wasteful, but it undoubtedly harms other women by giving them unrealistic and unnatural beauty standards. And it's a waste of resources. She would be spending resources to actively damage her health and society, instead of building it naturally and improving her mental and physical health and being a better person and a realistic role model for others.

@decibyte There’s a lot to unpack here.

It won’t look good later in life (if now). It has absolutely nothing to do with hard work. Steroid guys who look good is not the same as a BBL. While not natural, or at least still takes work and that I can respect (there shitloads of juiced guys who look terrible as well!). cosmetic procedures to me are just flat lazy.

Again deeper issues here revolving around lazy fixes for confidence. “Ain’t no replacement for displacement” is a garage junkie phrase as much as it is a gym rat phrase. Now go move some weight.

Everyone who’s lean and strong looks good, period. Sure some people might be partial to different hair color or eye color or skin tone, but cut and built is naturally something everyone admires. Most people just don’t want to put in the consistent work.

@decibyte Umm depends.
There's a book called glute lab about this very topic for women.
There are plenty of ways women can build curves. Now if she wants a bbl, ask her if she wants to have to get you ass reinflated every 7 to 8 years and can't do anything too harsh.

@decibyte Without trying the gym first, signing up for life altering surgery feels a bad choice.

Search for 'glute girls', and yes, pretty much anyone can look good in yoga pants by putting in the work.

@decibyte Juicy butt became popular only in the last 10 years. Before it was small narrow cute butt in 90s and 2000s. Is she going to remove the implant when the tide of trend turns again?

@decibyte She's got body dysmorphia. Look good for who? For other women? Men? Gently let her know that the perfect butts on Instagram have warped her perception of her own body. I mean dude, she wants plastic surgery basically, at a great risk to her health. That's not a healthy mental state. Tell her to get off social media and work on her body acceptance.