New "RIR 1-2 vs RIR 0" Study - Similar gains

@timelesstim Ppl are attached to their form of training, that’s just how it is. A mix of ego and lack of self reflection and some insecurity.

I’m not saying you shouldn’t do them, but they don’t give you magical amounts of gains. If anything lengthened partials will give you some initial gains bc of the adaptation. After that, that’s it you’ll just incur more fatigue.

@minhphat I follow all the internet fitness stuff for years been subbed to all of them.

The rise of Sam sulek and the talk about training to failure and partials has completely coencided

@minhphat How can lengthened partials incur more fatigue when the endpart of the rom (short muscle lengths) is usually the hardest and the least hypertrophic according to the studies done on lengthened partials?

@minhphat Yeah that may very well be true. I forgot to mention that I meant doing only lengthened partials and how that would incur more fatigue than doing full rom.

@minhphat Weren't long-length partials shown in studies to actually induce hypertrophy more than full rom?

Sam Sulek usually does short length partials.

@mike230 Like I said those gains are only an adaptation, not true like full rom gains would be.

Also no sulek does long length short length would be like doing the top part of a fly only.

@533th3r I have been watching old tom platz , arnold , jay cutler , Lou ferrigno, lee priest videos .

They all reccomend pyramiding up in weight . Lou ferrigno specifically states to keep reps the same and just go up in weight .

Tried it today . Felt like I got a really good lift in and not as fatiguing as normal. Also can spot if an injury is coming miles off.

And I managed to hit a really good top set to failure cus was so warm and lubed.

Just surely most those sets are just junk sets as they are light weight no where near failure ? Or does it matter as long as you do end up heavy and to failure in the end

@dawn16 I think this depends on how many lighter sets you do. to be honest it sounds like what you're describing is basically a single working set with a long warm up.

@minhphat Chet yorton only trained til the reps started to slow down.

I think one should lift for fun primarily, and many people would prefer non failure even if it meant spending 4x as much time in the Gym.

@livingme7 Enjoyment is a big factor for the effectiveness of training absolutely. But again I can guarantee Chet knew how far away he was from failure pretty accurately, whereas 95% of people have terrible judgment.

@minhphat I dno I think on a compound is pretty easy to tell when you are near failure. I get all nervous before the rep and have a little panic at the bottom of the rep

Back