Not made any progress in years

@nikkideamus In my opinion gaining weight is equal to making gains. I don't want to just become fat. I want to progress my lift with optimal training while gaining weight. Getting fat is easy

@cinnamoroll Tbh if you squat 150 kg after 15 years of training and you actually squat there is something fundamentally wrong with hour training or programming.

You said youve tried a lot of programs over the years. If you by programs mean templates made by other that is likely your problem.

Unless there is something you dont tell us. The reason why you havent made progress is likely you done training made for beginners or late beginners.

They can train with general programs while more advanced people often use training more custamized for them in terms of things like volume and intensity.

@cinnamoroll Then you are either not 1. training hard enough or 2. with enough volume or 3. often enough. It’s at least one of those 3 if not all 3. If this were just a brief plateau it could be other things, but not if you haven’t progressed long-term.

Assuming you’re fueling your training with enough protein, food, sleep, and stress mgmt, your results are going to be directly related to a simple calculation:

Volume x Intensity x Frequency

(Note: Volume and Frequency are obviously straightforward, but Intensity primarily means 1. effort & difficulty + 2. proximity to failure.)

Once you understand that, it makes things very simple: if you’re not gaining muscle, you always know why; at least one of those 3 values is lacking.

Simple as that.

(Assuming you’re training with hypertrophy rep ranges; 5-30 reps per set; primarily 5-15.)

@cinnamoroll Mike Mentzer's approach is good for:

1) People who need to deload. But in that case you'd be better off just deloading.

2) People who don't really lift and so don't need much volume to grow.

@cinnamoroll A few things can hinder progress. Lack of consistency is a big one. A lot of people will go hard at the start of a program doing 5+ days/week and then drop down to working 2-3 days/week for the remainder. A variation of that loop can seriously hurt your progress.

Lack of progressive overload. Something has to increase over time, whether it's sets, reps, or weight. You have to follow some kind of semi-linear evolution in your training. If you're just doing the same RPE of 6-7 at the same weight and volume for 10 weeks, you're not going to see much change.

If you're consistent and follow some form of progressive overload, it's almost impossible not to see progress unless you're at a severe caloric deficit.

@cinnamoroll If you’re not making any progress while eating the surplus you claim to be in, along with the protein and assuming your sleep is atleast decent, then you’re:
  1. Not eating as much as you think you are
or
  1. Not training hard enough
Scenario 3 being highly unlikely, but you might be training WAY too much, resulting in you not being recovered before next session and thus not being able to progress.