ON Jan. 8 2017 I could not even headstand, on Feb. 1 2017 I held a 25 second Handstand. Thanks to you guys at r/bodyweight!

@dawn16 I can relate with that! What I did was start on carpet with a bunch of blankets and pillows in front of me in case I fell.....which I did a lot. Haha. Once I built up the confidence to bail out safely I started doing them on hard floors. When I over rotate I just pivot my body and land on my feet. Sort of like a cartwheel. Hope this helps and good luck!

@jeewa123 Thanks for the input, I don't know why I never thought to make a squishy landing zone? I've been getting my wife to spot me while i go from wall support to handstand. It helps the confidence with out a doubt. But I think you idea of practicing bailing out safely will do much more!

@jeewa123 Wait. Jan 8 2016, or 2017? I can hold a minute handstand (if i'm lucky) but I'm still insanely jealous if you could accomplish that in under a month. Good shit either way.

@jataylo Believe it or not, 2017 is actually what I meant. The very first day in my whole life that I even attempted a handstand was January 9th 2017. I've recorded myself at least every other day of attempting it. Went from a wobbly ass headstand to a reasonably solid handstand in less than a month. But, I practiced literally every day for at least an hour - except for the days I had to take off because of my wrists.

@jeewa123 Duuude congratz! Once upon a time i believed that i would never be able to do it until, well, i was!!

Now years have passed and im going for it again. Your post gave me a lot of motivation!

@jeewa123 Handstands killed my progress. My wrists started hurting bad and I lost my motivation.

I moved too, but I need to get back at it. Still down 10lbs from this time last year but I was on a fucking roll.

@jeewa123 Awesome work man, your body is my goal!

Have you been doing the recommended routine, or what does your workout look like? I'm really interested in getting rid of any workouts involving free weights.

Back