Progress— size 14 to size 4, 197 pounds to 130

@christianmormon I LOVE yoga with Adrienne. She is the sweetest, most motivating "be kind to yourself and listen to your body" type yoga instructor I have found.
And I love what you have accomplished and how you did it! You're an inspiration, girl! Amazing!

@christianmormon You look great. And I know you said you didn’t diet but all of those lifestyle changes are dieting. Nice impressive work. I would get your head checked out though, the black skull and crossbones concerns me somewhat.

@christianmormon At 5'3, 186... Thank you for being so thorough. It's so hard to think about slow and steady getting you where you want to go, but having great examples of yours truly is inspirational.

Keep being awesome. :)

@christianmormon I really enjoyed reading this. I love the emphasis you put on attitude. I also love how your story was a realistic journey. Everything didn't immediately click into place, you learned what worked as you went. I started at 204 Jan 1 and I'm at 192 now. It's going slow but it's going and I'm discovering that I can actually enjoy workouts. I don't like jogging but rowing is okay. I like dumbbells (interested in kettles now) and I do like yoga with Adrienne!

Congratulations!

@christianmormon This is so fucking motivating. I’m you when you started (seriously, same height, weight, and size) and know I need to just start. Seeing what I could be in a few years is the kick in the pants I need.

@christianmormon You are so awesome! That sounds amazing! Also thank you for this fantastic post, you gave a lot of wonderful advice. A few years ago I lost weight too and went from 195 lbs to 130 lbs too, and a lot of what you wrote were things I ultimately did too - I cut out processed foods, still ate what less-great food I liked but in smaller portions, etc. I feel like the moderation made it all easier, because I didn't have to give anything up except things I didn't really like at all. I don't miss the fast food because a homeade burger or taco tastes better to me, I don't miss junk cookies because fresh baked cake I made tastes better.

Can I ask how you got into couch to 5k? That sounds really cool, I think it would be amazing to get to running.I never quite made it past being able to light jog.

Back