[PROGRESS] 3 months. 24/F/5'4'' - 125lbs to 115lbs. Mission: Destroy "Skinny Fat". Details inside

@elephant Yeah, alright calm down. I get that the angles don't match up. I also didn't anticipate such a drastic change in my body that I'd want to share. I took these photos for personal motivational reasons and then decided to put them here yesterday.

@ambsfuller This is the exact thing I needed to see today! I am 22/F/5'3" and at a solid 130 due to drinking in college. Our body types look pretty similar too which makes this even more motivating.

Every spring/summer I usually get into a workout routine since I have more time and this definitely gives me some much needed motivation. Thank you so very much for posting, your progress is great!

@lightbook Thanks so much! I started to look at progress pics on here and think "Damn how the fuck do these girls do it!?" and turns out my diet was really the problem behind those last pounds of college-beer weight. Good luck - the results are worth the effort! :)

@ambsfuller Kudos to you! The muscle mass and definition you gained are really appealing - nice and solid upper body, cut midsection, lean legs. I think you have the perfect foundation set up to build more mass if you so choose!

@dawn16 Thanks! And yeah, if I wasn't going on vacation next week I'd still be trying to gain mass. I just started cutting so that I could put on the bikini lol

@ambsfuller I'm curious as to why you attribute the loss in fat to the paleo diet instead of to the caloric deficit, since it sounds like you began both at the same time? Personally, I find paleo very useful in creating a deficit, but I haven't noticed much difference in results with a paleo deficit vs a 'normal' deficit. Keen to hear your thoughts on this!

@wifee Well I don't necessarily attribute the fat loss to the paleo diet. I attribute my de-bloated belly to that. I agree that the caloric deficit helped me tone up and burn fat. I've gone on caloric deficits before and still couldn't achieve a toned midsection. For me, that was because of the processed carbs

@ambsfuller Thanks for inspiring me to lift tonight after nomming my homemade pizza. lol I am also really struggling with limiting my carb intake. I was counting calories with MyFitnessPal for awhile, but I was always hungry and grouchy. Now I'm thinking my mistake was I didn't eat enough meat/veg/fruit and just ate few high calorie foods. I might try swapping cow's milk for almond milk like you did, too!

@ninjajelli Yep that was what made a difference to me. All bodies are different, but I suspect that high protein, heavy fruits & veggie diets can do nothing but help grouchy and groggy bodies. I would be lying if I said it wasn't pure fucking torment cutting out the carbs, but the almost instant progress made it easier every day. It's incredible how different your body feels after you eliminate all the breads, cookies, bagels, sugary protein bars, etc. I'd basically need intravenous caffeine to make it through the day. Different story now. :) Good luck!

@ambsfuller Thanks! I don't know if I am as disciplined as you are, but I think I am taking some steps in the right direction. I couldn't believe how many empty calories I was consuming in things like burger buns, tortillas, and granola bars... Wow.

@ninjajelli yeah I know it - it's amazing how much hungrier all the processed food makes you, too. I would say "discipline" leaves the equation after about a week. Your body stops craving processed food, and the whole foods you eat keep you full and satisfied. Anywho, if you're up for the challenge the reward is worth it. Till then, any progress is still progress!

@dawn16 I don't eat popcorn.... I love it, but I don't eat it. It makes me bloat. My twin sister is very big into healthy, clean eating and bodybuilding. She eats SkinnyPop all the time and she looks great. I think as long as no foods are in excess (I take carbs/sugars to the extreme recently in terms of limiting them), you may not see adverse results. I'm not a dietitian though I simply know what works for my body and what doesn't

@ambsfuller Definitely inspired! Can't wait until I work up to those gains and my back and neck also have some issues, so I am going super slow and steady with them.

Great job!

@ambsfuller This is awesome. I'm skinny fat myself and while I'm mostly interested in powerlifting, I was looking for a routine outside of powerlifting and your results are inspiring. Thanks for posting!

@ambsfuller Thank you for the motivation. I'm currently having a hard time motivating myself use to have feet surgery soon and constantly injury if I do so.

I know where I wanna be after the surgery and recovery phrase.