[PROGRESS] 3 years of powerlifting, BW 130 lb --> 155 lbs, SQ/BP/DL 300/143/308 lbs

@rickinpearland It's scary having to put more and more weight on. If you are stalling, cube is a nice program but I would make sure you do what I do to keep up your "main lift" volume. Cube has squatting once/week, dead once/week, and bench once/week. I recommend you use squat variations as deadlift assistance, and deadlift variations as squat assistance, so you're still squatting/deading 2x/week.

My assistance was, and is, based on my weaknesses. My hips and glutes are my squat weak point, so I do lying side abduction, paused squats, box squats on deadlift day, and SLDL. Your back is your main support in all the lifts, so make sure you hit up rows, assisted or regular chin/pull ups, lat pull downs, seated cable rows -- whatever you like. Train core consistently (planks, ab wheel, hanging leg raises) and don't neglect your shoulders (dumbbell press, OHP). I try to think about "hitting legs" on squat day and "hitting back" on deadlift day.

My schedule jis
  • Monday -- pull -- box squats, hanging leg raises (HLR), shrugs, some kind of row, hyperextensions
  • Wednesday -- bench -- close grip bench, kettlebell press, push ups, barbell row
  • Thursday -- squat -- band deadlifts, straight legged deadlift, lying hip abduction, good mornings... leg stuff.
  • Saturday -- "fix what sucks" -- do exercises you hate and are terrible at. I promise it will make you a better lifter. For a while this day was consumed mostly by front squats for me!

@csf This is super inspiring coming from another vegetarian! I know you said you don't take a lot of supplements, but would you mind telling me what you do take? So far I'm only using protein powder. And what do you eat? Sometimes I feel like its a struggle to get all the protein in that I need. Way to go!

@ladysaane Protein powder, usually 30-60 g of protein per day, creatine, BCAAs. That's it, really. I eat a lot of chili (I posted the recipe elsewhere in the thread, Ctrl+F chili) -- but the components make up much of my diet. I eat lots of beans, nuts, tofu, tempeh, and I am not afraid of the "faux meats". They're quick and easy and they taste good-- gardein is nice as a rare treat. I'm over it.

Nowadays I eat eggs every so often and greek yogurt. If I find my macros at the end of the day are deficient in protein, I go for the powder.