Progress post: my first intentional bulking/cutting cycle

@roman1982 This is one of the best overall transformations I've seen on here, as you noted, great overall progress. Especially the delt/lat area. But don't sleep on your calf development, that's a very noticeable difference. Quads look great as well. Those two together (but mostly calves IMO) really changed your physique to look more aesthetic and athletic.

On the squat front, it took me about a year to unfuck my squat after similar lower back and knee issues. In my case, from low bar squatting and chasing numbers (weight on the bar). I switched to a high bar, knees forward, upright position and really slowly progressed the weights using reverse pyramid training as a way to focus more on reps than weight. Andy Baker's upper/lower program from his website is what I followed. Coincidentally I also wanted to do more calisthenics so I replaced a lot of the assistance work with bodyweight stuff.

But again, great work. Very motivational, thanks for sharing.

@meow69 Thank you so much! It's really encouraging to hear 🥹 My posing has also improved a lot, e.g., I learned how to spread my lats better. Funnily enough, I've never focused that much on my calves, I mostly trained them once a week. Calf raises and adduction are two funny exercises that I rarely do and only for a couple of sets, yet still keep progressing.

Eh, chasing numbers is my issue too. Thanks for the suggestions!

@roman1982 I can’t believe you don’t think this is impressive?!?
You can visibly see the extra muscle on your body!!

This is amazing!! And you’ve done it all whilst still remaining lean. It looks like pure muscle to me, not extra fat!

You should be proud.

@dawn16 Maybe it's social media fooling me and the feeling that I could've done better 😅 Yes, I feel like I'm now at more or less the same bodyfat % as I was before the bulk. Thank you so much!