Progress Report: Getting fit & healthy while having a full-time sedentary job

@cg828 Yes! We got bunches on amazon for really cheap and the fit is perfect. My wife switches out hers to color coordinate daily. I favor the soft/cloth band.

@contemplatingfarmer These are the colorful ones that my wife cycles through, texture is similar to the original.

It looks like no one is selling the woven kind I originally bought... probably because occasionally the velcro comes undone- it's so minor though that I never even considered replacing it. Any who, they strap type is like this but the latch here looks better than what I have.

You have lots of options. We actually ordered like 4 packs, kept 2 and returned 2. It's gotta be just right if you are wearing it all day, ya know?

@consumedwthocd I eat 1500 and have had good success losing weight at a decent rate. I'll probably go up to around 1800 to maintain. It fuels me pretty well. However, I know someone who decided to cut down to 1200 because they'd been off the wagon for a bit and wanted to crack down and be strict. I don't think it was particularly successful for them.

@consumedwthocd I thought in the beginning of my journey that I needed to be eating 1200 and also working out, I quickly discovered that was not the way to go since I had no energy. I do think 1200 can work for petite, short women who do not work out and want to lose weight. If there maintenance is 1600 for example and they need to have a deficit to lose weight.

@contemplatingfarmer I’m pleasantly surprised you eat 1800+. I assume this is to maintain your current weight? Or are you still losing? If so, you must be moving around a lot.

My RMR is 1200 based on a Dexa scan. So sad.

What were some of the most challenging things about this change you went through?

@brucester25 I bet. I am 5 4 and am hungry the second I count any calories. It is a mental thing with me. I have to just add more veggies amd fruits bc if I restrict I go nuts. So I add more low calorie food and higher fiber. Depends if I can take adding protein. I am sorry ur hungry. It sucks

@contemplatingfarmer Like me! 30F, 5'0" and my maintenance is ~1530 due to my desk job. I can't even lose a pound a week on 1200, so I eat around 1000-1100 if I'm not exercising that day. HORRIBLE especially when you used to love going out to eat!