Push-Ups Post C-Section

fluffpuffgerbil

I’m 4 years post my second c-section and still struggling with push-ups due to my core strength. Are there specific deep core exercises I should be doing to improve?

@fluffpuffgerbil Pilates, Body Pump classes, and individual movements like Russian twists, scissors, side planks and arm/shoulder exercises like flies and rows have helped my core (Im 3.5 years post C section). Try doing push ups on your knees rather than toes and build up to toes when you feel stronger.

@mfloor Push ups on knees is what I’m doing now- focusing on really building up my strength. Thanks for the recommendations! I only workout at home so I’ll incorporate those moves into my workouts.

@fluffpuffgerbil Lauren Fritter postpartum phase 1, workout 1 on Youtube, she's got a whole program. My "baby" is nine years old and my core was very weak after two c sections within 2 years with no feeling above incision. While there aren't many visible changes yet, I feel stronger and more poised in movement, less pelvic heaviness. I was frequently injured until I started addressing the weakness and separation. They're super gentle workouts and could be worked into rotation as warm up at minimum so you can feel whether you're engaging properly or not.

@fluffpuffgerbil I wife’s 6 months without any issues but hers was low low like below pantie line low

I know some that had them high and it cuts the ab apart and it never sadly heals properly

I’d consult a doctor