Renaissance Periodization App Update

@cattat are the programs on the app heavy on machines/cables etc? I'd like to use it but I only have a homegym setup, squat rack/barbell/dumbbells bands etc.

@cattat I use Strong at the moment. It's easy to use and I'm logging everything I do, but I'm terrible at adjusting the weight. The total weight moved metric goes up. So I know something is happening, but my workouts have started to drag out in time (not that much of a problem since I enjoy kicking my ass).

Would you say this app is good for a novice to use as a guide to learn how to adjust their training a little bit faster?

@zhuru523
Would you say this app is good for a novice to use as a guide to learn how to adjust their training a little bit faster?

I've been using the app for about 3 months, and I'd say it would be pretty perfect for that purpose. As long as you're honest when it's asking for feedback it will adjust reps and weights for all sets automatically.

Dr Mike even has a video series where he explains how to use the app, so if you're unsure of what feedback to give you can watch those vids.

Novices can progress in weight faster than intermediate+, so maybe it will progress a bit slow for you? Not quite sure, but I'd give it go for 1 month at least.

@cattat Question: where the heck do I input my bodyweight into this app?

I must've done it once somewhere because it has me listed as 180# on the assistance exercises I use, but I'll be damned if I can find that setting again!

I'm gaining weight and want to keep it all as accurate as possible.

Still early times, just entering into the 2nd meso today.

@koroman I think it’s one of the flaws they need to address. I’m not sure if you can fix it from set up.

That said, for BW exercises in training sessions, you can change the weight up or down depending on where you are now.