Resistance bands

tim53

So I’m trying to lose about 30lb I am 2 months post Partum. And I’ve been working out a bit bit I bought resistance bands and k like them! Easy work outs from my living room. Does anyone have any recommendations on how I can use them to work out on arms and back?

@tim53 There are so many good workouts with resistance bands on YouTube That target your whole body or specific body parts. Plus watching the videos you can make sure you get your form right etc. good luck!

@tim53
I’m trying to lose about 30lb
Concurrent strength training and cardio training is optimal for fat loss (source). Building muscle mass increases your metabolism which means you burn more calories just sitting around. However, exercise is not the optimal way to lose fat. Further reading: https://physiqonomics.com/fat-loss/#training-for-fat-loss

To lose fat, eat at a caloric deficit. Google "TDEE calculator" to estimate your daily caloric usage, then aim for 200-500 calories subtracted from this. Download a calorie tracker app and track your meals.

Focus on whole foods such as meat (red, white, fish), eggs, dairy, fruits, vegetables, beans, nuts, legumes, grains, etc. Prioritize high protein and high fiber. Avoid sugar and processed foods. For a more specific nutritional goal, try Dr. Greger's Daily Dozen Checklist.

A high protein diet aids in fat loss (source 1, source 2), and increased protein intake can beneficially affect recovery times (source) and reduce soreness (source).

To gain muscle:

1) Follow a full body strength training program encompassing progressive overload on compound exercises

2) Aim for ~1g of protein per 1lb of bodyweight per day (source)

3) Try to get 9 hours of sleep per day (source)

@tim53 Back- stand on bands and bend at waist and do rows. Also can do standing pull apparts.

Arms- Biceps-stand on bands and do bicep curls. Anchor safetly and do bicep curls. Triceps- kneel on bands and do overhead Triceps extensions. Anchor safety and do triceps push downs.

Should be able to find video examples on YouTube or something like that. Just be careful what and how you anchor bands- doent want to hurt yourself or break something.