Roughly a year’s worth of progress: not a whole world’s difference, but I’ve come such a long way

@sickofallthelies Amazing and so inspiring!!

I just wanted to say, don’t disparage yourself for not squatting and “just walking.” I haven’t barbell squatted in over a year. You don’t have to unless you’re competing! I dumbbell squat, hack squat, split squat, you name it - but I don’t barbell squat because I honestly dread it and it takes the fun out of my leg day lol. And as for walking, it’s no joke!! I walk for an hour a day around 3mph on a medium incline just like you and I’m dripping and breathing heavy by the end. I get a great cardio workout in but I don’t feel like I’m dying after, you know? I’m never going to be a runner and I’ve accepted that. It’s all good! There are no mandatory forms of exercise.

Cheers again to your amazing progress 🫶

@cowwarrior Thank you so much! I really just don’t enjoy barbell squatting. It does NOT spark joy and i want to get rid of it 😂 i should try squatting with dumbbells, but the word squat just has me not wanting to do it 😂

A good walk totally clears my head and my hips and knees don’t feel like they’re about to fall off after!!

@sickofallthelies Congratulations-You should be really proud of yourself! The mental hurdle of making exercise a part of your daily life and shifting it from a chore to self-care is huge. I think it’s the most challenging part of getting healthier. Good luck on the rest of your journey, you’re doing amazing!

@sickofallthelies I haven’t done measurements, but I will today. I have taken progress pictures and I see a little bit, but I feel like I’m having to really look for differences. But I do feel like my work scrubs are a little looser!! I haven’t seen any change on my scale, but I do a lot of weight lifting, so I’m assuming I’m gaining muscle as I lose fat.

@trongtin6869 Omg please do!!!! Seeing 2.5” lost in my waist with an actual number instead of a picture is the biggest confidence boost I’ve ever had haha!

Gaining muscle > losing weight in my book :) i guarantee that’s why the number hasn’t changed.