Roughly a year’s worth of progress: not a whole world’s difference, but I’ve come such a long way

@sickofallthelies Amazing! I’m struggling with cardio too. I’ve been doing a push/pull/leg strength training consistently for the past few weeks but cannot bring myself to do any more cardio then a medium walk with my dog

@esquyers I hate running, but other kinds of cardio can be more fun. Have you tried a dance class (on YouTube or something)? I look silly so I am not prepared to take a real hip hop class, but the streaming ones for 20 minutes can be really fun and help you let loose/get out of your comfort zone.

@jay73 Honestly, it sounds pretty stupid when i say the reasoning behind it, but i just want to look strong as hell. I don’t mind if i have a little tummy, or whatever, but if someone decides they want to kidnap me, i want them to think twice about it because i look like I’m going to put up a damn good fight (which i will). I’m super paranoid about that as there’s been a lot of trafficking attempts near me recently.

For a less dramatic goal, i just want to be able to keep up with my boyfriend. My first step with that was quitting smoking, i could hardly breathe and was always well behind him on walks from not being able to breathe properly. 4 years & a month ago i accomplished that, so now I’m working on catching my body up the rest of the way :)

@offeiriad Thank you!! I have started to realize that i just get to the point of, “okay I’m done with this!” And just go for whatever my goal is! It’s usually not a gradual thing, it’s a “boom that’s how it is now” type of thing haha.

@sickofallthelies I think looking strong as hell is a great goal. It's clear and useful for guiding training. Have you considered doing boxing or anything similar? Could be a fun way to supplement the lifting.

Congrats again!

@sickofallthelies I love the mental gains in your routine so much. You mentioned you get cranky if you don’t work out for a few days - it’s such a mental cleanse to get in there and
move your body! You’re doing a fantastic job. I wish I would’ve taken measurements when I started!

@dawn16 For real! Even if I’m having a bad day, i feel better even if i go in and stretch. It’s like a palate cleanser for your brain!!

Mental gains are huge and sooo underrated - i actually like pictures other people take of me now which is insane because i NEVER have!! And i think i look so good while working out, and i am totally that person that stares at themselves while they work out but i don’t even care, it does things for my self confidence 😂😂