Top scoring speed ropes used in CrossFit Open workout 24.2

ashere

We've analysed the top 10 (unofficial) scores of the CrossFit Games Open workout 24.2 and found out that the RPM Speed Rope and RX Smart Gear Speed ropes are most used among the top scoring athletes. With the top 4 male athletes burning down 550 double unders and 500 double unders for the top 10 female athletes this sure was a double under heavy workout!

Top 10 male scores in 24.2

#
Athlete name
Score
Speed rope used

Tudor Magda
1001 reps
RX Smart Gear - Evo G2

Henrik Haapalainen
998 reps
RPM Speed Rope 4.0 Comp

Dallin Pepper
995 reps
RX Smart Gear – Evo Go

Jonne Koski
995 reps
RPM Speed Rope 4.0 Session (special edition)

Travis Mead
985 reps
Rogue SR-1

Jeffrey Adler
980 reps
RPM Speed Rope 4.0 Session (special edition)

Saxon Panchik
971 reps
?

Roman Krenekov
971 reps
RX Smart Gear – Evo G2

Alexandre Caron
965 reps
Handle and Wire MEIO°F

Jonathan Dunlop
964 reps
EliteSRS Bullet Comp

We're still missing a lot of data on the top female scores so feel free to comment on our article or below if you know what speed rope they are using.

@faithfullyfit I love my g2. I got it as a gift and had an rpm before that, it’s wild good, I’ve went back to the rpm to see the difference, it’s night and day, g2 is just a much better rope. Handles are perfect.

@73552 The spin on the G2 is endless and it's also better for bigger hands. The RPM handles are much thinner and shorter good for people with small to normal sized hands.

@faithfullyfit One of my favorite CrossFit equipment purchases. Bought it shortly after the 2021 open and with next to no maintenance it’s still going strong. Highly recommend it if you got the cash and you’re in the market for a rope

@faithfullyfit I have this and it was absolutely worth it. It has been 3 years and it's still in PERFECT condition. On the contrary, RPM I had to replace the rope like 1-2x per year because the wires would fray. So I feel like the cost kinda evens out.

@faithfullyfit I’m still using my Rogue SR1 from 2016. I got 741 on 24.2 and I can confidently say that the doubles were not holding me back, more so my lack of fitness and lazy transitions.

Back