Top scoring speed ropes used in CrossFit Open workout 24.2

@ashere I have a $150 speed rope (RXSG) Evo G2. I can confirm this rope gets significantly more DU for less work. Everyone who tries it at my gym walks away wanting one. It’s really hard to quantify, but if I had to guess this rope gets 10-15 more DU than my old Rogue rope did across a 1 min max DU effort.

The price tag seems nuts but I can’t lie about what I’ve seen from this rope. Biggest difference seems to be the bearings that spin FOREVER on their own if you test them. Link below for where I got it:

https://www.rxsmartgear.com/jump-ropes/evo-speed-ropes/evo-g2-speed-rope/

@sandrat My wife actually got it for me, let me take a look at the site and mine and get back to you. I’m your typical dense 41 year old shorter guy at 5’8” and 205 lbs and however she had it fitted is perfect for my height. I’ve been coaching CF since 08 so she probably picked advanced but I don’t want to tell you wrong so I’ll check.

@sandrat As a fairly decent rx athlete myself who is proficient at doubles I have the ultra 1.8 advanced rope. I actually bought that as a replacement rope a couple years ago, when I first bought the rope I had the elite 2.6 intermediate rope. You can’t go wrong with either, but from experience the 1.8 rope makes you gas less on doubles

@ashere For anyone proficient in double unders, 500 in 20 minutes isn't much. I finished with 763 reps and did all my DU's unbroken. For me it felt like the spot I could rest. I used the Rogue SR-1.

@farmerdex Think the point of the post is that a good rope probably helps (user ‘speed_rope_shop’ might be a bit biased). And naming the most used ropes.

But I guess it’s not entirely untrue. Having your own (well maintained) rope helps if the alternative is a manhandled basic gym rope. Assuming you have good DU

Edit: typo

@theberlintall We are 100% biased, haha. We always do this kind of research for our own information mostly, just to check which ropes are used a lot to see which ones we should sell. This time we didn’t want to keep this information to ourselves and want to share it with you guys.

And you’re absolutely right, if you own a good rope that definitely helps in getting better at double unders.

@ashere Yes, I am familiar 🙂 I ordered my rope from the Dutch Speed Rope Shop (same logo and name, so I’m assuming it’s part of the same shop).

And I fully agree, it for sure helps. But it might look a tiny bit suspicious coming from a shop selling ropes.

Still cool article and interesting to see what ropes are being used and how often.

@theberlintall That is so awesome to hear! It is always a heart warming feeling when we join a CrossFit class and half of the ropes come from our shop. And yes we're one and the same shop and still operating from Amsterdam. We just grew a little and are now shipping to all over Europe 🚀

Back