We created an app for the Recommended Routine and we want to share it with the community

@arniep Yeah! It works flawlessly!! Only two notes 1) the screen when doing the exercises goes sleep, maybe is on purpose if you are at the gym, but if you are at home is a little annoying to unlock every time the phone. 2) in the exercise where there are no reps but seconds it would be great to have the option to log the second hold and not the number of reps. (I’m on iOS) Anyways a super app! I’m glad to start using it on every routines! Thanks!

@mondyb I'm so happy you liked it!

Re 1) must be a bug, will check

Re 2) It should be like you describe. can you please tell me what exercise displays reps instead of seconds?

@arniep I tested the app out today and also saw point 2). For me it occurred at parallel bar support hold. No big deal, we can just treat reps as seconds, but I thought to let you know

The app looks and feels amazing!! I have seen very expensive apps look quite a bit less sleek, cool and functional so hats off!

@jk123 Thanks!
Its not the first time our treatment of seconds as reps confuses users 😅. We are thinking of proper ux to remove the confusion. Hopefully will update soon

@dawn16 I'm very happy to hear that! Yes, with embedded cues I started to pay much more attention to technique and that helped me with front lever progression dramatically.

@arniep Awesome app! Thanks a lot. Is it perhaps possible to add progressions/exercises yourself too? Also is it possible to alter/delete workouts when they're finished?

@kidchocl8 At the moment we have workout history in the backlog. This would allow to alter workouts after they're finished.

We were thinking about custom workouts / exercises too, but since its first and foremost a Recommended Routine app customization is not in the focus for now.

@arniep Great app man! I've been looking for something like this for ages!

I have a dev question though: how did you publish your app for iOS? How much did it cost?

@zelodonio Thanks!

We used react-native and expo to develop and build the app. Expo eases a bit the process of creating and distributing bundle for AppStore. But you still have to enrol in Apple Developer Program which costs $99/year and go through the Apple app submission process.

@arniep As someone who purchased the full version of the other popular RR app, a couple things I'd like to see are:

-Include the warmup

-Include a history of past sessions (you said both of these are planned, so that's good)

-Molding Mobility

-Starting Stretching

-Maybe a rest timer (didnt look too closely, so maybe that's already a thing?)

-Perhaps some additional routines, like Move, Brachiation Basics, Antraniks Splits or Hamstring protocol, (Was it Tykato's?) Wrist Warmup, etc

@dawn16 Yes, indeed warmup and exercise history are in our backlog. Rest timer is there too :)
Im not sure about adding other routines in the nearest future since we don’t use those routines ourselves and thats the key motivation for now